chapter 5°

Sophia P.O.V

Today is our final exam. I promised Lisa that I will attend for the last party with our classmates.

Exam first, everything next. After all, I really studied hard last night...

.. After the completion of our exam. I walked out of my classroom where Lisa hurriedly reached me by gasping.

" Hey! Lisa why are you running? " I asked her by packing my bag.

"Come, let's go for the party " I just walked front a step but a grip there at my hand stopped me. I turned to face her where I can see tension and fear in her eyes. " Lisa what happened? " I cupped her face and I think Lisa wasn't attempted her exam well... but her expression doesn't fit for that reason. What's bothering her!?.. I studied her from up and down. Is she in period!?

" We need to go home immediately" she said by gasping.

" But why?, what happened? " I was confused of her expressions. Without talking anything more she grabbed my hand and we both rushed out of school. Trust me, everyone is looking at us like we are running for oxygen. For god's sake, I have legs.. Two legs and Lisa is also having. We can use those legs to walking not for running. She pulled me out of the school where Lisa's mom [Maria aunty] is waiting for us with her car.

" Lisa, tell me what happened? " but she didn't said anything. I think something is wrong because aunt Maria never showed herself here not even when Lisa injured. She is a nurse and get schedule is always occupied.

Aunt Maria drove us to a hospital. I got down the car and followed her, where she took me to emergency ward.

"Auntie please tell me what happened? " where I saw Mr. Steve Johnson who is standing out at the door. He caught my presence and I caught his attention on me.
Really I felt a stroke in my heart coz of seeing him by knowing about his girlfriends list.

What is he doing here?

He leaned his back to the wall by folding his hands.

But why is he here?

I quickly turned my gaze into the room aside of me.

I saw my mom who in her seat aside of my dad where he is lying on the hospital bed and he is talking with two women one of them aged more than 60years and another women can have at least 35 to 40 years. I shifted my head to aunt Maria , " second heart stroke Sophy, but no need to worry now, if it repeats again... then I'm sorry " but what can I do.

My dad turned his head to me and signed me to come with his hand. Me and Maria auntie stepped in, as my dad gripped my hand. A tear escaped from my eye.

" Sophia, my daughter and my life" he introduced me to the ladies with joy and sorrow. They gazed at me.

" Don't worry Sophy, I will be back tomorrow... until then Maria auntie will take care of you " he told me.

" But dad- " I didn't finished my sentence yet " Sophia, I think you are tired of writing your exam. Go home, I will talk to you tomorrow " he finished talking where Maria auntie took my hand and we both turned around to walk out of the room but this time Mr. Steve isn't there.

Sooner we three reached Lisa's house. Lisa shared her room with me. Coz I'm afraid to stay single at home. I know my dad took this decision to stay at Lisa's house by keeping in mind that I am afraid of dark and mostly... ghosts.

He is not feeling well and wants me to go home. Are those ladies more important than me.

" I have a news for you " she said by turning my face to her with her hand. I am worrying about my father and didn't replied to her.