chapter 6°

Steve P.O.V

I am in hurry today. For the first time I crossed my daily schedule.

Nanny handed me a bed coffee.

" Steve, you are late today. What happened? " she whispered by observing my hurry.

" I am surprised too "

" Mom is calling you Steve" she then turned back by saying that and leaving me for myself.

Why she is calling me?

Quickly I dressed myself into suit which I always prefer to wear when I am going to office. Granny is busy in reading a book when I stepped down the stairs. She observed my presence and walked towards me.

" Why were you late today? " she questioned.

" I am working on a file last night. So" she patted on my shoulder by laughing slightly.

We both entered into mom's room where she is reading a diary which looks like one of my dad's treasure. Granny cleared her throat as mom observed us.

" Mom, what you wanted to talk with me? " she arose up from her seat when I finished asking and handed me the diary.

" Can you remembered the person aside of your father in the photograph! " I gazed at the photograph also... I know him.

" Of course, Uncle Robert... yesterday we met him in the hospital, dad's best friend from childhood and mine too "

My dad usually talks about him all the time and I met him a lot of times. He is the reason for everything done before.. after my dad passed. We will work together. Eat together and travel together. He is like a best friend of mine. One of my most trusted employ.

" Yes, read the matter written in the diary by your father" she took off the photograph and I read the matter.

Briefly, its about to make Robert uncle's daughter as his daughter-in-law. Then his son should marry Robert uncle's daughter, what's in that. Just a simple way...

wait...

what?,

that means... I should marry Robert uncle's daughter! Oh my god. I gazed at my mom who already read my mind.

" You are right Steve. " she laughed slightly.

" It's his last wish, Steve" my granny continued the sentence.

" Steve, you did everything to make me happy that no one can do for their mother... the only thing I can return you is Sophia. Daughter of Robert Uncle... its your dad's last wish in addition " nine years of my father's death.

" she is a sweet and innocent girl. In simple, dad's little princess. Hardworking and kind hearted. I heard many more great qualities about her and i am not going to reveal them by myself. Its not my place though. "

Looking at my dad's photo...

" Will he be happy?." My mom shifted her gaze from my dad's photo to me.

" Yes my son " anything in the world worth nothing to me if my mom and dad will be happy.

" Then, what about you mom... will you be happy?" she nodded her head with smile.

I lost myself in thinking. They are most important people in my life. What they had been doing is for me from past years. After my dad passed away, my mom struggled a lot for me and Kevin. How can I say no to my mom's wish. She is my world and will be.