1

You woke up and got ready for school. It's been a while since you went to one too. You put on a standard Kaibara High School uniform, which included a navy blue colored sweater, a pleated, blue skirt that stopped at the thighs, black stockings, and brown slip-ons. You took one last look at the empty room.

"I'll be going mom." You stepped out and headed to school.

***

The school bell rang, signaling the start of class. The homeroom teacher, Ms. Shiraki, entered.

"Okay class, listen up. Today we have a new student who will be joining us." She looked over at you. "Come on in."

Everyone's eyes followed you as you walked in.

"Hi, my name is Y/n. Hope we all get along," you said.

"Y/n?" Yuki said with astonishment. Everyone's attention went to him.

Your eyes widened. "Yuki?"

The room was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop.

"Since it looks like you guys already know each other, how about Y/n sits right next to Yuki?" suggested Ms. Shiraki.

You slowly walked up to the desk next to him. You took a seat and glanced over at Yuki. He had a troubled look on his face and was occasionally glancing over at you too.

When class was over, he immediately got up. Before anyone could approach you, he took you by the hand, and dashed out of the classroom.

Everyone started to chat amongst themselves.

"How do they know each other?"

"Do you think they're a thing?"

"Why did he have to do that?"

"I know right? He flags a cute girl and hides her from all the other guys. Like what the hell?"

Suddenly, Kyo kicked the side of his desk, making the whole room quiet down.

He stomped his foot down on the floor. "All of you shut up."

Meanwhile, you were struggling to keep up with Yuki's fast footsteps.

"Yuki! Wait! Where are we going!?"

He pulled you up to where the rooftop was. You were panting.

"What was that for!?" you asked, trying to catch your breath.

"Hey," he turned towards you, "where did you go all those years ago?" His eyes shone incredible sadness and relief at the same time.

There was a pause.

"You know why I left. I was scared."

"Of Akito?"

You shook your head. "No. I was scared of what Akito might do, so he promised he wouldn't do anything to you guys if I packed my things and left immediately without saying anything." You felt a lump form at your throat as you were trying to hold back tears. "So... I left."

"You know, I wouldn't have cared what Akito threw at me even if you stayed." He rested his head on your shoulder. "It would've been good for me, including that cat."

Meanwhile, Tohru and Kyo were chatting about you and Yuki.

"Kyo-kun, do you possibly know Y/n?" she asked.

"Yeah. We met her a few years ago. She knows about our secret too. She then disappeared all of a sudden. Probably because Akito kicked her out," he said as he fiddled with his pencil.