8

You were about to step out when all of a sudden, you heard voices.

"Sohma senpai, what are you doing here of all places?" it was an underclassman. Machi was there as well.

You've met Machi before. You didn't know much about her except for the fact she was part of the student council.

You slipped out of there without making a sound.

I guess I'll just go home.

You were about to enter your classroom, but you quickly hid behind the door.

Kyo and Tohru were in the empty classroom. Alone.

You took a peek. Kyo's head was resting on Tohru's shoulder.

"Fine. I guess I'll do it." He took the script from Tohru's hand and looked at her bashfully. "You'd better not laugh at me."

You couldn't help but let a little laugh slip. "Pfft!"

Kyo whipped around and spotted your head poking out from the side of the door.

"Since when were you there!?" he yelled, feeling completely embarrassed to the core.

You cleared your throat, trying to make an effort not to laugh. "Sorry. Continue on."

"Forget it! Let's just go home. Come on, Tohru," he walked out the door.

"Okay!" Tohru turned to you. "See you later, Y/n!"

"Yeah..." Tohru followed Kyo out the door. Her face was beet red.

You were curious... very curious.

***

It was finally the day of the culture festival. Your costume was really well made. The deep purple shades and the white went well together.

It made you look like a prince, but you weren't a prince. You were a king.

You tied your hair back and perched your silver crown on top of your head. You did a 360 spin.

"Well? What do you think?" you asked.

"Woah! Maybe we should've went with you as the prince," said Uotani.

"You look so amazing, Y/n!" said Tohru.

Kyo glanced at you up and down with judgy eyes.

"Be thankful that I'm a girl. Otherwise, I could've stolen Tohru from you," you said.

Kyo's face reddened. "What do you mean steal her from me!? She was never mine to begin with!"

"Yeah yeah whatever," you waved him off but stopped when you saw Hanajima.

She was in black head to toe. She didn't look like the traditional Cinderella, but it didn't look bad.

"It actually rocks on you, Hanajima!" you said.

"You look quite dashing yourself," she said, "although I would've preferred my shoes to be black as well."

She slightly lifted her dress to reveal the glass slippers that weren't actually glass, given that they were made of plastic.

"Well, Cinderella's not Cinderella without her glass slippers," you said.

"Y/n!" Yuki waved at you.

You could've passed out and died on the spot because you found a real life angel standing right before your eyes.

"Am I seeing things, or is that a halo?" you asked.