3

You were lying in the backseat of the car, half awake. You tried getting up, but you couldn't move an inch of your body. It was as if you were paralyzed.

It was pouring outside. You could hear the pitter patters of raindrops hitting the car roof. Some of it was getting inside, making the seats soaking wet.

The inside of the car was a complete mess. All the windows were broken. There was glass shattered everywhere, and items scattered all over the place. But the thing that made your heart drop was the dark, red liquid dripping from your mom's unmoving hand.

"Mom?" You struggled to talk. Your throat felt sore and your voice was coarse.

"Mom!" You tried to move again, but you couldn't move anything. Suddenly, there was a sharp ringing in your ears. Your head felt like it would split open. Your eyes began to tear up as you screamed from the pain.

You started to hear sirens coming closer and closer.

"Mom..." you whispered softly as you closed your eyes.

You spent the next few months in a hospital bed. Your aunt from your mom's side decided to pay you a visit with her husband.

"We're here again, Y/n," she said, as they sat in the chairs next to your bed.

You just stared out the window and watched the clouds slowly moving across the grey sky.

"We went to your mother's funeral today. Everyone there was worried about you," said uncle.

"If they were so worried, then why didn't they come to see how I was doing?" you asked with a monotone voice. You didn't take your eyes off the window.

Your aunt and uncle just looked at each other, not knowing what to say. After a while, they left. You knew what they were thinking. 'It should've been her.' 'Why did she have to die?'

Sometimes, you wondered the same things.

A few months later, you got discharged from the hospital and were to be living with your aunt, uncle, grandmother, and a few of your cousins.

The house was enormous. It had an old fashioned look to it. It was mostly made of bricks and had vines climbing the walls. There were also plenty of grassy areas surrounding the house.

The moment you entered the house, you received a slap across the face from your grandmother. She was in tears, with mascara running down her face.

She looked at you with eyes full of sorrow, but mostly hatred.

"Why did my daughter have to die? Why? Why!?" She was sobbing her eyes out.

Your aunt and uncle just uncomfortably stood nearby. The other family members that were invited just stood there and stared at you with unwelcoming eyes.

You felt sick to your stomach. The whole house felt suffocating.

You didn't go to school for a while and eventually dropped out because you didn't feel like doing anything. Middle school didn't matter to you anymore. Nothing did.

One night, you decided that you wanted to run away. You snuck into the kitchen and stuffed a banana, some bread, and a few apples into your backpack. You went out the front door and ran as far as you could.

You ran continuously without thinking and eventually got lost in a random patch of trees.

Suddenly, there was a high pitched ringing in your ears. You collapsed onto your knees and grabbed your head in pain. Your breathing was fast and you couldn't see clearly.