14

Yuki always had this gut feeling that you liked him the same way he liked you.

He wanted you to tell him about her feelings one day, so he waited and waited.

In a way, he expected this to happen, so why was he so shocked?

He just stood there frozen in place. His eyes were wide and his mouth was hanging open.

"Yuki?" you said.

The sound of your voice snapped him out of it.

"I like you too," said Yuki.

You couldn't believe it. He actually likes you back... but what now?

"So... what do we do now?" you asked.

"Well, there are different options we can take. First of all, we could date."

You felt your face getting warm. "You mean like girlfriend and boyfriend?"

"Yeah. Second, we could wait until the right time."

When he said that, you immediately thought of the Prince Yuki fan club. If they found out you two were dating, school would be a living hell. You shivered from the thought.

"Or we could just leave it at this," said Yuki.

You shook your head. "Why would I just leave it at this?"

"Then what do you want to do?"

"I want to wait until the right time. Is that okay with you?"

Yuki smiled. "I've been waiting for you for a long time, but I guess I can wait a little more."

You noticed something on Yuki's forehead.

You moved his bangs out of the way to see a bandage.

"Are you okay? How did this happen?" you asked as you stood there staring at his forehead.

"Oh this? I stood up to Akito and got a whack for it," he was half smiling to keep you from worrying too much. "To be honest, I was quavering with fear inside. But don't you think I did a good job?"

You couldn't believe this boy. You sighed as you felt a wave of relief release your worries. You reached out and patted his silky, grey hair.

"Yeah, you did good."

***

You couldn't face Yuki properly at school all day.

Even though you sat right next to him, you would immediately leave the classroom when class was over.

You've never been this aware of his presence before.

During lunch, you told the others about what happened the other day.

"So are you guys dating now?" asked Uotani with her mouth full.

"I thought it'd be best to wait."

"Because of the fan club," said Hanajima.

You sent her the look. "Hanajima, you need to stop reading my mind."

"Do not worry. I didn't read your mind. The waves simply told me what you were thinking."

"Isn't that basically the same thing?"

"It's completely different," she said.

"Anyway, you're right. It is because of the fan club. I haven't met the president of that club yet, but I never want to either."

Judging from your past experiences, all the club members were overly obsessed with Yuki. If they were that crazy, you couldn't imagine what the leader of that cult-like group would be like.

"You will surely meet her soon," said Hanajima.

"Are the waves telling you that?" you asked, half jokingly.

"They are indeed."

You gulped. The waves were never wrong.

When class was over and the bell rang, you quickly got up and ran out of the classroom with your stuff.

Suddenly, a hand grabbed your hand.

"Stop avoiding me," it was Yuki.

"Ehhh? But I don't know what to say to youuu," you whined.

Yuki gripped onto your hand with both his hands, which caught you by surprise.

"Just act like you always do."

You looked down at the hands that were holding yours. You then felt eyes staring at you two.

You gently removed Yuki's hands from yours.

"Okay, I will, but let's not do this here."

You checked behind you and just like you thought, there were members from the fan club spying on you.

"Fine. Then see you later, Y/n," said Yuki.

You weren't totally sure, but his voice had tinge of sadness behind it.

When school was over, Yuki went directly to the student council office. He said he had something to do there, so you went home by yourself.

Could it be that he misunderstood you back there?

"Hey, you there. You're Y/n, aren't you?"

You turned to see Kinoshita, Aida, and Gotou. Worst of all, Minagawa was there as well.

"Hello, Minagawa-senpai. What brings you here?" you asked, knowing what was coming.

"You're not dating Yuki-kun, are you?" she asked with an aggressive tone.

"Nope. Not at all."

You saw the four of them sigh with relief.

You smirked. "At least not yet."

They glared at you as if you said something forbidden.

"What do you mean by that?" asked Aida.

"Either way, it's none of your business, so please keep your noses out of my life," you said.

You turned around and left them.

"Hey! Stop-" Kinoshita was stopped by Minagawa.

"Just leave her be. She's different from Tohru Honda. She's truly a formidable foe," she said as she watched you go.

You were so glad you were able to escape them.

"God, they're so annoying," you said as you walked home.

You entered your apartment and plopped onto your bed.

You just stared at the ceiling.

"I guess I'll clear the misunderstanding with Yuki tomorrow," you said to yourself.

Suddenly, there was a knock on your door. You got up and looked through the peep hole to see who it was.

You were surprised to see two police officers. One a man and one a woman.

What does the police want with me?

You opened the door. "Hello, how can I help you?"

"Are you Y/n?" asked the lady.

"Yes, I am."

"You're going to have to come with us."