7

There's going to be a culture festival at school and your class decided to do a play based on Cinderella.

"I'm assuming we all agree on who should be the prince," said a girl from the Yuki fan club. You could tell she was a club member because she sounded a bit too eager about her statement.

Yuki who was at the front of the class smiled awkwardly. "Sorry, I think I'm going to be too busy. Plus, I don't think I'm the best choice for the Prince."

You noticed that he didn't seem like he want the prince role.

The word 'Prince' stuck to your mind. Everyone called Yuki a prince, but it was like a fake identity he applied to himself to make everyone like him.

You could tell this was eating away at him. He always compared himself to others and had very low self esteem. He could fool everyone else, but he couldn't fool you.

He should just say that he doesn't want it. You thought.

You decided to speak up. "I agree. I don't think Yuki's fit for the prince role."

Everyone's heads turned towards you. They all looked at you in disbelief.

"How is Yuki-kun not fit for the role!? He's literally the prince of the school!" said Minami.

"I don't really see him as a prince. He's more like...," you analyzed Yuki up and down, trying to think of a character that would suit him, "I know! A fairy godmother!" you exclaimed.

"Pfft! A fairy godmother? Him? How?" asked Kyo in a mocking way.

"Think of it this way. The fairy godmother is like a role model or mentor for Cinderella. Yuki here works his hardest and always puts his best foot forward. I bet there's no one in this room that doesn't look up to him." You explained to the class and it seemed like it was convincing enough as your classmates nodded along.

"That actually makes sense," said a guy.

Yuki himself was grinning from ear to ear. It was the first time someone has said he wasn't like a prince. It somehow gave him a breath of fresh air.

Kyo leaned back in his chair with his arms crossed. "Then who's going to be the prince? You?"

The corners of your lips curved up as you looked at him with scheming eyes. "Nope. I know just. The. Guy."

All the votes were in for the main roles:

Fairy Godmother: Yuki Sohma

Stepsister: Tohru Honda

Stepmother: Minami Kinoshita

Cinderella: Saki Hanajima

Prince: Kyo Sohma

Kyo growled at you. You stuck your tongue out at him.

Ha. Look at his face.

"What the hell is with this cast!?" He slammed his fists down on top of his desk.

"Y/n!" said the guy who sat across from Kyo, "Nice idea!" He gave you a thumbs up and you confidently returned it.

Kyo loudly rose from his seat, almost knocking his chair over. "It definitely ain't a nice idea! What the hell was going through your head when you nominated me for prince!?"

"I just deliberated over who would make the most amusing prince and the first person who came to mind was you," you said with a calm shrug.

"Why you-"

"Come on, Prince Kyon~"

"You never know. You might be great, Prince Kyon. Ha ha ha!" The two guys sitting in front of Kyo were teasing him.