20

You watched Tohru as she quietly followed Yuki out the door.

Why was Akito here? What business did he have here?

Then you remembered Yuki saying something about Shigure being at the main estate.

Damn that dog man.

You heard the familiar sound of Akito's voice.

You put your ear against the wooden door, trying to listen in on what was going on downstairs, but all you heard were mumbles.

You eventually gave up.

What were they talking about? Why was Akito here? You wanted to know so bad.

You couldn't hold it in any longer. You carefully turned the doorknob, desperately trying hard not to make a sound.

You slowly cracked it open, just enough so you could eavesdrop on the conversation.

"All the zodiacs obey me. I'm their one and only god!" yelled Akito.

You rolled your eyes.

Oh please. He's acting completely different from his actual age.

"Akito-san, please listen-" Tohru was cut off by Akito.

"I know she's here," said Akito.

You suddenly stopped your breathing.

How the fu-

You then got a hold of yourself and caught your breath.

Get it together. You've got to get out of this situation.

You looked around Tohru's room to look for a hiding place.

There was nowhere to hide. Not only were the closet and bed horrible hiding spots, but Tohru's room was extremely small. There's nothing to hide in.

Then, your eyes went to the two windows.

You heard multiple footsteps coming up the stairs and into Yuki's room.

Screw it.

You opened one of the windows and looked out. There was enough room for you to safely step out, but there was one teeny tiny problem.

You have to be careful so your shadow doesn't show in the other windows.

Who knows if Akito sees your shadow. If he finds out, it's game over.

You then heard Akito come out of Yuki's room and storm into Kyo's room.

You stepped out of the window, both feet now on the roof.

You then made a big mistake by looking down.

It somehow felt way higher than it should. If you fell, you would for sure break something.

You then heard the sounds of Akito's footsteps approaching Tohru's room, where you were. You quickly, but quietly slid the window and closed it.

You carefully shuffled to the left, away from the balcony where all the laundry was hung to dry.

You kept your back glued to the wall and avoided looking down at the ground. When you were in between the two windows, you crouched down and sat.

Akito couldn't possibly find you here.

You heard Tohru's bedroom door open and the mumbles of voices.

You took a deep breath of relief. You were glad Akito didn't find you, but you were mostly happy you have yet to fall.