22

"Huh? So you're the one who left the letter in my locker?" you asked.

Right when you heard the voice, you immediately knew who it was.

"So what if I was the one who left it there?" said Minagawa.

Motoko Minagawa is the current president of the Prince Yuki Fan Club. She's an upperclassman who's absolutely obsessed with Yuki and gets into beast mode whenever a girl even breathes the same air as him.

You found her absolutely irritating. She was even more annoying than Kinoshita, which is a pretty big feat in itself.

"Let's just cut to the chase," she said with her arms crossed.

"Yes, I would like that very much," you said with a bored expression.

She pointed her index finger at you. "I've been observing you quite closely and I noticed that you walk to and from school with Yuki every single day. I thought, maybe you two live close to each other since you've been friends for quite a while, but you never walked with him the first few months you transferred."

"I thought you were going to cut to the chase," you said with a monotone voice.

"I am! Anyway, here's my question. Are you living together!?"

"Are you a stalker?" you asked as you scooted away from her.

"No! I'm simply doing my duty as president of the Prince Yuki Fan Club!" she said as if she was some patriot who survived a world war III.

"Ah. I see," you said.

"Stop avoiding my question and just answer it! Are you living together or not?"

"No, we're not living together. We live in the same neighborhood." This was obviously a lie, but you didn't want things to get even more complicated than it already was.

"But you never walked together around the first few months you were here," she said with a raised eyebrow.

"Senpai, have you ever heard the term 'moving'? It's truly an amazing thing, you see. You move from one home to another home. Crazy, right?"

"Fine! I'll believe you. For now. But beware. Even if I'm gone next year, my precious underclassmen will keep watch over you," she warned.

"Oh yeah! You're graduating this year! I'm so happy for you!" What you just said was actually genuine.

She looked really weirded out by the sudden attitude change.

"Whatever. Just keep your distance with Yuki."

"Okay, got it."

Ha. As if I'd listen to you. You thought as you walked away.

As you left, you met up with the others.

"So what did she say?" asked Momiji.

"Weren't you guys listening?"

"We were pretty far away, so we couldn't hear anything," asked Uotani.

"You were the one who told us not to make it so obvious," said Kyo.

"It was more of a letter of challenge than a love letter," you said.

Yuki smiled with a sigh of relief. Uotani snickered at seeing this.

"Why do you look so relieved?" she asked with an obvious purpose.

Yuki looked away from her, ignoring her question. He then grabbed you by the wrist and pulled you along. "We're going home. See you all tomorrow."

He kept pulling you away from the group. "Wait! What about Tohru and Kyo? Shouldn't we wait for them so we can walk home together?"

Yuki looked back at you with dissatisfied eyes. "No, we shouldn't. In fact, I think they'd like it if we went separately."

You kept following him with your heart rate increasing with each passing second. You looked down at his hand that was holding your wrist.

You then pulled your wrist out of his hand. He looked back at you with confused eyes.

Then, you put your hand into his. You then looked up at him. "Why did we stop? Let's go."

You saw Yuki's cheeks turn slightly pink as he turned away. The two of you kept walking until you were out of the school.

Yuki then took a different turn from the usual path they took. "Isn't the house in the opposite direction? Why are we going this way?"

"I have somewhere I want to go with you."

"Where?"

"Well, it won't be fun if I spoil it for you," he said with a slight grin.

As you walked, you noticed Yuki looking down at your feet from time to time.

Why is he doing that? Is he trying to match my pace?

You then approached a tall flight of stone stairs. That was when an idea popped into your head.

"Hey Yuki, wanna play a game?" you asked.

"Sure. What is it?"

"You see these stairs? We'll play rock paper scissors and every time you win, you move up a step. The first person who reaches the top is granted a wish by the loser."

"Don't blame me if you lose."

You were off to a bad start. Yuki was 6 steps ahead of you, but you got lucky and got a winning streak and got ahead of him by 1 step.

You were nearing the last step and both of you were on the same one. You were one step away from victory.

"Rock, paper, scissors!"

You were afraid to look at the results. You took a peek.

To your surprise, you had rock and he had scissors. You stepped onto the last step and did your little victory boogie.

"Yes! I won!"

Yuki let out a little chuckle. "Congrats. So what's your wish?"

You stood there in silence, trying to brainstorm what you want. "Actually, I don't know. I'll think about it and let you know later on."

"Fair enough," he said as he stepped up next to you.

"So where are we going?"

"Actually, we're here," he said as he pointed out to the distance.

You turned around to see where he was pointing and out in the distance was a wisteria garden.

Your eyes widened at the view of the beautiful flowers. "Woah. So pretty," you whispered. It was absolutely breathtaking.

The lavender colored flowers hanging from the vines of the trees were being supported by wooden trellises.

The concrete path and the grass surrounding the area had purple petals scattered everywhere. You walked underneath the flowers and stared up at them until the back of your neck felt sore.

"Remember in middle school you said you love wisteria?"

You turned around and looked at him, amazed at his good memory. "That was the one and only time I talked about wisteria with you. How did you remember that?"

"I don't know. I guess the more you like someone, the closer you pay attention to them," he said as he looked up at the wisteria.

You stared at his facial features as he stared up at the flowers. You then walked right up to him and stared straight at him.

He looked at you with a perplexed expression. "What? Why are you staring at me?"

You playfully smiled up at him and said, "I just like looking at flowers."

You then stepped closer to him. You closed your eyes and stood on your tippy-toes, leaned in, and landed your lips on his.