28

"So... that's what happened to your mom," you finished explaining to Tohru what happened to her mom.

"I see." To your surprise, Tohru took it quite well. "Thank you, Y/n, for telling me everything that happened, but I've decided to let go of everything that happened in the past and keep moving forward with my life. However, that doesn't mean I care for my mother any less or I don't love her anymore. I'm just continuing my walk with life."

After she said that, you've been thinking about your life too. All this time, you've been thinking about what happened to your parents, but that was what was keeping you from moving on.

That was why you wanted to put a hold on your relationship with Yuki.

You, Hanajima, and Uotani helped Tohru sign out of the hospital. Once you were outside, you said to them, "I have somewhere to go, so I'll see you guys at school."

"Okay, we'll see you tomorrow!" said Uotani.

"Take care," said Hanajima.

"Bye Y/n!" said Tohru.

You waved at them. Then you started to walk back home. On your way, you thought of something. You took your phone out and called Yuki.

He picked up. "Hello? Y/n?"

You smiled at hearing his voice. "Hey Yuki, I just finished visiting Tohru. Wanna go somewhere together? My treat."

"Y/n, where are you right now!?" His voice sounded like he was in a hurry.

"Huh? I'm at the shopping center near school. Why do you sound like that? Did something happen?"

"Wait for me! I'm headed your way! I want to see you!"

That was when he hung up. You looked at your phone, making sure if he hung up or not.

"What was that all about?" you said to yourself.

Then a smile crept to your face as you remembered what he said.

"I want to see you!"

You've been waiting for a few minutes. Then, you heard someone call out your name.

"Y/n!" Yuki ran up to you completely out of breath.

"Why did you run here!? I'm not going anywhere," you said as you wiped his forehead with your sleeve.

He took hold of your hand on his head and let out a smile, revealing his white teeth. "I'm just so happy that you called me."

You couldn't help but get all nervous as your face flushed with embarrassment. "I-I just wanted to spend the day with you today... and I also have something I want to say to you."

Yuki lowered your hand, but still had his fingers wrapped around it. "What is it?"

You looked to the side. "Last time, when I told you that I had feelings for you, I put it on hold, remember? I think I know why."

"And why is that?"

"It's because I kept dwelling in the past." An image of your mom popped into your head. "I thought to myself that I had to find out what happened to my mother and get justice for her, but that was what was keeping me from moving forward. That's why I kept running away from you."

A smile formed on your face. "But, I'm glad. I'm glad the darkness I endured in my life gave me something to be happy about." You looked up at him. "I'm glad I ran out of that hell hole and bumped into you. Yuki, I'm glad I met you. If I were to start my life over again, I wouldn't change a thing."