Don't Walk Away (Again)

Naruto's POV:

When I wake up, I see Shikamaru setting up a campfire outside and Sakura and Sai gathering food. I walk out of the house to join them.

"Finally, you're awake," Sakura says.

I rub my head and yawn. I look around, noticing Sasuke isn't here. I slowly recall the events that happened yesterday.

"Have you guys seen Sasuke?" I ask.

"Well, good morning to you too. Do we look like Sasuke's babysitters to you?" Shikamaru says, taking a drag from his cigarette.

"Here he comes now," Sai says.

Sasuke comes in, wordlessly putting down a sack of berries he collected. Distancing himself from the rest of us, he sits in the far corner and eats his granola bar.

"Sasuke, you're not gonna eat the food we're making?" Sakura asks, concerned.

"No," he simply says, biting his granola bar.

Shikamaru scoffs, putting out his cigarette. "Be like that then, dickhead."

"At least I won't be dying early of lung cancer," Sasuke coldly retorts.

"I'd rather have lung cancer than be an international terrorist," Shikamaru says, rolling his eyes.

"Shikamaru!" I shout angrily.

Sasuke stands up angrily, balling his fists. He coldly stares at him, striking a feeling of uneasiness in me. He then looks at us for a moment, before he finally turns around and goes into the woods.

"Gonna go take a piss," he says coldly before he leaves.

After he leaves, we all turn towards Shikamaru.

"I don't get why you all defend him so much when he clearly doesn't appreciate all you've done for him. Look at him, with his superiority complex!" Shikamaru says.

Sakura stands up, slowly cracking her fists. I begin to sweat. I know that look too well.

"Superiority complex, huh? How about you 'macho men' brawl it out after we save my girlfriend!" Sakura says, angrily standing over me, Sai, and Shikamaru.

All three of us gulp.

"R-right. Of course," Shikamaru says uneasily.

Sakura takes a deep breath and relaxes.

"Great. Now Naruto, go get Sasuke and tell him we're moving to find more clues," she says.

"But he said he's taking a p-"

"I'm sorry, did I stutter?" She says, raising her fists again.

"N-Nope! Let me go find him!" I quickly say, rushing off to look for him.

~

"Sasuke!" I shout, spotting him sitting alone and looking at the ground.

After seeing me, he stands up and dusts off his clothes. He begins walking away from me.

"Not so fast!" I shout, grabbing his shirt. "What's gotten into you?"

Making eye contact with me, we both stare at each other for a moment. As I look deep into his eyes, I notice his Sharingan is activated. He stares at me coldly.

 He stares at me coldly