Conflicted Once Again

Naruto's POV:

. . .

"Naruto..."

I feel my body slowly sinking. Opening my eyes, I only see a blurred vision. I try to speak, but only bubbles come out.

What the hell? Am I underwater?

"Naruto..."

My vision slowly unblurs and I see Sasuke. I look at my own body, realizing we are both 16 again. His body floats right above mine, with his face only about an inch away from mine. We calmly stare into each other's eyes.

Mesmerized by his eyes, I barely notice when he activates his Chidori and aims it at me

"Naruto!"

Once I notice it, I try to speak. I try shouting, screaming, even whispering. But still, nothing comes out. I helplessly watch as he slowly aims it right at my chest, never breaking eye contact with me.

"Naruto!!!!!"

. . .

"Sasuke!" I shout, finally waking up, sweating. I immediately sit up and panic.

Breathing hard, I realize I had been dreaming. I look at my clothes and notice my sleeve is torn. All the memories from what happened with Sasuke suddenly come flooding back to me.

"Naruto," Kurama calls my name. "I'm sorry, I tried waking you but Sasuke's genjutsu was too strong."

"Genjutsu, huh?" I respond in my conscience.

Kurama sighs. "I told you, you were going to get your heart broken again. Now look at you. What else to expect from an Uchiha?"

I try to defend him like I always do. Except this time, I can't think of anything to say.

He chuckles. "Finally realize, huh?"

I silently reflect on it when I see Shikamaru and Sai walk in. I look around, finally realizing I'm back at the cave.

"I see you're awake," Shikamaru says, crossing his arms and leaning against the cave wall.

"So...Sasuke, huh? I figured you were into guys too, but him of all people?" Sai says.

Shikamaru elbows him hard, getting him to shut up.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I say, avoiding eye contact.

"Come on, we heard you shout his name when you woke up. You were also muttering a few other embarrassing things while you were knocked out..." Sai teases.

Shikamaru elbows him again and clears his throat.

"Anyways...I think that asshole put you under a genjutsu. We found you and Hinata laying on the ground, with you badly injured. You'd probably be in crutches right now if it wasn't for Sakura's medical jutsu and your Nine Tails chakra," Shikamaru says.