Kumi Otsutsuki

Sasuke's POV:

I painfully watch as Naruto goes unconscious from my genjutsu and falls. My cloak unfastens from around my shoulders, falling along with Naruto as he holds on to it tightly.

Toneri watches as well, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry. I'll get you a new cloak once we arrive home," he says, smirking.

'Home', huh, I thought.

Not responding, I turn forward, praying the impact doesn't hurt Naruto too bad when he lands. Watching as we move closer to the moon, I can't help but get Naruto's words out of my head.

You're still the same Rogue Uchiha from 3 years ago.

I close my eyes, thinking of all the pain I put him through. I'm only holding him back. He doesn't deserve someone like me. It's better this way.

~

When we finally arrive, Toneri brings me to a gigantic palace made of stone.

"Nice, isn't it?" He says, waiting for me to be impressed.

"I guess," I mutter.

Toneri frowns. "It may take you some time to adjust, but just remember, you will be more free here than you ever were on Earth."

He eyes my empty right sleeve.

"We could even make you a new arm, you know. The possibilities here are endless," he says, nudging me.

I refrain from rolling my eyes. "I'm fine, thanks."

Toneri sighs. "Well then, let me show you to your room. I've asked my daughter Kumi to come along and meet you, but she can be quite difficult," he says.

I widen my eyes, forgetting about that part of the deal. I really have to marry and build a clan with some random Otsutsuki princess I don't know?

Seeing my expression, Toneri laughs.

"Don't fret. She may be difficult, but she is a dependable and humble young woman. I think you'll like her a lot," he says.

~

After showing me to my room, he prepares to leave.

"I'll let you get settled in. Your wedding is in 2 days. I don't mean to rush, but I'd really like to get this started as soon as possible. I'm sure you understand, Uchiha," he says, smiling creepily before leaving.

Cringing at the thought of getting married, I sit on the edge of the bed and look out the window.

So this is the moon, huh?

Feeling bored, I leave the palace and walk around outside. I lean against a tree (there are trees on the moon wtf??) and stare at the sky.

Do you hate me now, Naruto?

I curse myself for kissing that loveable idiot. It was selfish of me to fall in love with him. He was just starting to get over me, why couldn't I let him go? He deserves so much more than all the pain I caused him.

I suddenly snap out of my thoughts when I see a girl in the corner of my eye watching me from behind a tree with a distressed look on her face. Judging from her pale skin and white hair, I could tell she was definitely an Otsutsuki.

 Judging from her pale skin and white hair, I could tell she was definitely an Otsutsuki

When we make eye contact, she gasps and hides behind the tree.

"I have no reason to hurt you," I say.

She slowly emerges from the tree and cautiously walks toward me.

"Sorry. I've just...never seen a human before," she says. She leans against a tree across from and sits down. "What's your name?"

"Sasuke."

Her eyes widen. "Sasuke...Uchiha? Indra's reincarnation? I was wondering why I sensed such familiar chakra," she says, eyeing me curiously.

"Looks like I'm famous around here," I say.

"My father told me about you. So you're really the one I'm going to..." she trails off. She sighs and looks at her lap. "I can't believe this is happening," she says sadly.

Watching her, my mind finally connects the dots. So this is Kumi, Toneri's daughter.

I look over her appearance. She is wearing a white shirt, oversized unzipped hoodie, sweatpants, and no shoes. Not exactly what I expected for the Princess of the godly Otsutsuki clan.

"So you're..."

"Yes, I'm Kumi. The girl you'll be marrying...unfortunately," she says, staring at her lap.

"Not looking forward to it?" I say, slightly amused.

"Not really...no offense!" Kumi quickly says, raising her hands. "It's just...I've lived here on the moon all my life. My mother died when I was born, so all I've ever had was my father. There are only a few other members of my clan, and they all went to Earth for revenge."

I widen my eyes. There are more Otsutsuki members...on Earth right now?

That damn Toneri, I curse. This wasn't part of the deal. Kumi continues speaking.

"Starting a new clan is great and all...but I just want to go to Earth and make a life for myself. I've lived my entire life under my father's control, and I'll end up doing that forever if I stay here. He always told me all humans on Earth are evil but...I want to see for myself. After all, you're kinda nice," she states.

"If you think I'm nice, then you'll love everyone else," I say.

She chuckles.

"Why don't you stand up to him?" I ask.

Kumi gasps. "I can't do that to him! I'm the only family he has...he was devastated when my mom died, I can't put him through that again," she says sadly. I slightly nod, understanding.

 I slightly nod, understanding

She sighs and lifts her head. "I take it you're not looking forward to it too?" She asks.

"My opinion doesn't matter," I say, looking away.

She stares at me for a long moment, almost as if she was trying to read me. Avoiding eye contact, I shift uncomfortably.

Finally, she smiles.

"It's someone else, isn't it?" She asks.

And she was right.

Only problem is, that "someone else" hates me now, and it's all my fault.