That Damn Uchiha

Kurama's POV:

I watch the whole ordeal from inside Naruto. I watch as he tearfully hugs Sasuke's body.

I am still in shock from Sasuke's sacrifice. He was the first Uchiha I had seen who didn't have selfish intentions. He...risked his life for Naruto.

Now that Kumi and Toneri sacrificed themselves to give Sasuke a second chance, it's up to Sasuke to decide whether to take it.

I watch as Naruto patiently holds Sasuke, caressing his face.

"Come on, Sasuke. Come back to me, please," he continues pleading.

I can't help but feel sympathetic watching the whole thing.

"This...Sasuke kid. He really means that much to you, huh?" I ask Naruto.

Naruto responds in his conscience.

"I'm sorry, Kurama. I know you don't like him. And I know all the terrible things him and his clan did. But I can't stop loving him, I'm sorry."

I stay silent.

I want to argue with him, but I know Naruto's right. I was with him since birth, after all. I watched as he gazed upon Sasuke with envy for the first time at the playground. I watched as he gazed upon him in the Academy with remorse after hearing what happened to Sasuke's family. I watched as he gazed at his picture with sadness after failing to stop Sasuke from joining Orochimaru. And I watched as he gazed upon him with heartbreak as he tried to kill both him and Sakura.

But even with all that pain, he still continues to love that damn Uchiha. I always believed it was one-sided, until now. That damn Uchiha loved Naruto just as much, but was too consumed with hatred and pain to see it.

I almost chuckle. In a way, Sasuke was just like me. Consumed with hatred and anger. And just like him, Naruto changed that for me. He always had that effect on people.

I close my eyes and begin distributing my chakra. I create a chakra cloak, surrounding both Naruto and Sasuke's body.

"Hopefully our chakra will enter his conscience and have an effect on his decision," I say.

Naruto smiles. "Thank you, Kurama."

I close my eyes and begin to nap.

That damn Uchiha. Don't make me regret this.

 Don't make me regret this