A Tough Decision, Pt. 2

Sasuke's POV:

I continue looking back and forth between Itachi and the glowing door.

"What are you afraid of, Sasuke? What is making you so unsure?" Itachi asks, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I look at the ground. "...Which would be more selfish of me? To go back, or stay here? Either way, someone gets hurt."

Itachi smiles. "Well if you're implying that going back will hurt me, don't worry about that. I told you I will love and support you no matter what," he says.

"No, not you. I...created a lot of trouble in the past, Itachi. People still see me as a Rogue Uchiha. Being alive burdens a lot of people. I don't...deserve to choose life after what I've done."

Itachi stays silent for a moment, thinking.

"Then why do you think staying here is also selfish?" He finally asks.

"Because even if a lot of people hate me, there is one person who loves me unconditionally. And that person just happens to be the person whose opinion matters more to me than anyone. I know staying here will hurt them forever, and I've already caused them so much pain."

"And that's not enough to make you go to them?"

"More like I'm not enough. They said they'll stick by my side until I can love the world again. But I can't love a world that doesn't love me. Why live with that burden?"

Itachi stays silent.

Suddenly, the atmosphere suddenly begins to change. We both watch as the porch we were just sitting at begins to disintegrate.

"Looks like there's someone on the outside who really wants you back. Listen, like I said, the world is what you make it."

"But what does that mea—"

"Find your world, Sasuke," his voice echoes in my ear.

I turn to look at him, but he is no longer there. I watch as my surroundings begin to be covered in a bubbly, red chakra. This is...Tailed Beast chakra.

~

I suddenly fall to the ground on my knees, and find an unconscious Naruto laying down right beneath me. I look at my own body, realizing we are both 12 again.

I shift my gaze back to Naruto's face, staring at him intently.

Remembering this moment, I watch his peaceful face with regret as my tears blend with the rain

"Everything...went downhill after this," I say to myself.

I shut my eyes, trying to forget this painful moment.

~

"Sasuke! Sasuke! Sasuke!" I hear Sakura's voice say in a mocking voice. I open my eyes and see a 16-year-old Naruto and Sakura arguing with each other, standing in the snow.