Finally Together

Naruto's POV:

Sasuke and I continue gazing at each other longingly as Sakura heals us.

Aware of the moment, Sakura awkwardly clears her throat.

"You guys, I feel really uncomfortable right now. Can you two continue your sexual tension after I'm done healing you guys?" She says.

I laugh. "I really don't need to be healed, ya know. Please focus on healing Sasuke," I say, beginning to stand up.

Sakura punches my head.

"I said sit still, idiot! And don't tell me what's best! You sustained a lot of damage too, knucklehead!" She says.

I rub my head. "No need to be so harsh, Sakura-chan!"

Sasuke laughs at me, until Sakura punches his head too.

"Ow! What was that for?" Sasuke asks.

"Ditch us one more time, and I'll personally make sure you lose more than just your left arm!" Sakura shouts at him.

Me and Sasuke both gulp and nod out of fear.

Finally, Sakura finishes.

"There. That should be enough to patch you guys up until we head back to Konoha. Then you two are resting in the hospital, ASAP!" She says.

She joins the rest of the group as they all prepare to hop on Sai's hand drawn birds and return home.

Before we join them, Sasuke and I stand still, awkwardly staring at each other.

Sasuke glances at my hand, which is still holding the broken necklace. I quickly try to hide it behind me, but it's too late.

"Is that for me?" Sasuke asks.

Being caught, I open my hand and reveal the broken moon charm, which was also missing its thread.

"Yeah..." I mutter, trying to hide my embarrassment.

"Can I have it?" He asks with a smile.

I look at him in surprise.

"But it's broken-"

"I don't care. I still want it," he says, holding out his hand.

I slowly place it in his hand and watch as he takes it and admires it in appreciation. Then he gently places it in his pocket.

Then we continue staring at each other awkwardly for a moment, until we both finally decide to break the silence.

"I'm sorry," we both blurt out. As a result, we both begin to laugh.

"Look, Sasuke. I...um...read the letter you wrote me. And I understand now. Everything. If you still need time to understand your feelings, I'll wait as long as it takes. But I hope you know that I love all parts of you. Hatred and all..."

Sasuke holds my hand as I struggle to find the words.

"I meant what I said. Screw the world. You shouldn't have to love a world that doesn't love you. I'm so sorry for trying to make you feel like it's your fault," I finish.

Sasuke chuckles.

"I never knew how to put it into words. All I knew was that you always just made me....feel. And you know, I'm not very good at feeling. I was afraid of my own emotions, so I ran away. And in the process I guess I pushed you away...again and again," he says.

I look down in guilt. "It's not your fau—"

"But, you taught me something. I do love a world that loves me. My world. And I'm done running away from it. I do love you, Naruto. Your not just my savior, or my friend. You're my whole world. And you are the only world I can continue to love, even if it doesn't love me back. Forgive me for putting you through so much pain and not realizing I deserved your love sooner."

His world.

My eyes begin to water. I'm Sasuke's world. And suddenly, nothing else mattered anymore.

I squeeze his hand and smirk at him.

"What was that thing you said again?" I ask.

"I'm sorry for putting you through pain?"

"No, the other thing."

"Ok uh, I said a lot of things so you're going to have to be more specific."

I roll my eyes. "You know damn well."

Realizing what I was doing, Sasuke rolls his eyes and smiles.

"I said I love you, loser," he says, tapping my forehead.

"Are you guys coming or what? We're gonna leave you two!" Shikamaru shouts to us from a distance.

I smile and grab Sasuke's hand, dragging him with me as we run towards one of Sai's birds in the air. Both of us laughing, we jump in the air to catch up with the group.

While in mid-air, we bring our heads together, both of us unable to control our giddiness.

(art creds: @rakinadraws on Tumblr https://rakinadraws.tumblr.com/post/645214170075283456/pino-to-ameri)

**(yes ik they're in their Shippuden outfits in this picture just stfu and enjoy the cuteness)**

"Thank you," Sasuke whispers to me, crying tears of happiness. I realize that I'm crying as well.

Just me and Sasuke. Happy. Our world.

I want to savor this moment forever.