Spock

I need you
(Dedicated to Leonard Nimoy 1931-2015 LLAP)

You loved him. You really did. But sometimes that damn Vulcan got on your last nerve. Like earlier you and Spock were having what you call a fight and what he calls an unneeded disagreement. You weren't going let him go out alone on this mission. You just married five months ago. This mission was dangerous and he couldn't do it without help. But he disagreed and somehow talked Kirk into being on his side and whatever side the captains on the ship is on.
The team suited him up and you stood in the doorway watching and glaring at the man you loved. He noticed your glare and spoke up. "(Y/N) you must understand this is necessary." "I know it is but you don't have to do it alone. Kirk is more than willing to help." You bit your lip to keep from crying. Kirk told you the likelihood of Spock surviving this alone was about 20% but because he is Spock he said it was best done alone. You couldn't think like that. You had to think happy thoughts. "I can't lose you." it slipped out of your mouth barely a whisper but his Vulcan ears heard it loud and clear. "I promise I will return to you in less then a days time T'hy'la." In a very unSpock like fashion he pulled you into his arms and kissed you briefly before moving to the transporter.
It had been three days. Three days Spock had been gone when he promised you he'd be back in a day. His lifeline said he was still alive but that could have easily been rigged by the aliens of the planet. You were on the deck when finally you heard a familiar Scottish voice come through the speakers. "Captain, Dr. McCoy and Miss (Y/N) get to the transport room now." Scotty's voice was urgent and full of fear. You and Kirk looked at each and ran. Meeting McCoy half way he joined in the run. You were the first in the room and you saw him. Uniform stained with his green Vulcan blood. Once perfect face and hair scratched and tangled. You would have fallen flat on your face if Scotty hadn't moved to catch you. "Get him to Medbay now." McCoy orders the nurses who were with him. Then he looked at you. You already had tears falling down your face. "I'm going to be honest darlin. I can't promise you anything." You knew that meant he might not survive this.
After hours of stitches and wound cleaning Bones finally threw his hands up and said it was up to fate or whatever you believe in to save him. He let you in the room and you were surprised that Spock was awake. You looked at Bones and he explained before leaving "He's awake but weak. It doesn't mean anything. Life or death."
"I'm sorry (Y/N)." Spock said his voice low and strained. "No Love don't say that. You'll be alright. You have to be." you smiled and careful ran your fingers through his hair straightening the odd angles back into place. "But I..." "Spock, stop. Just focus on getting better and that's all the apology I need from you. All I need is you."
Kirk gave you the week off to stay by Spock's side. And you didn't move until one night monitors stared buzzing and Bones and nurses rushed in pushing you aside. After a few minutes Bones came up to you and told you it be best to say goodbye now because it wasn't likely he'd make through the night without slipping into a coma or dying. He left you alone and walked to your husband's side. "Please don't leave me. Please Love. I can't lose you. I need you. I was going to wait to tell you this but I'm pregnant. Spock we're going to be parents and I need you with me. No only me but our child needs you. Please don't leave me." You finished your little speech and looked at his face. Eyes closed breathing low you kissed his forehead and walked out of Medbay and to your shared room for the first time in a week.
Coma. Coma isn't dead. Coma is coma. Which is worse then awake but better then dead. Bones said the coma might be a good thing because it will give the body a better healing chance. And it did. Spock was out for three months. Then one day his heartbeat picked up and his eyes opened to see yours watching him. "T'hy'la." he said in a whisper. "I'm so happy you're back. We are so happy you are back." You smile with a hand on the little bump that had formed in your stomach. "That's the last thing I remember. You telling me about our child." "Daughter. She's a girl." You tell him and move closer to him gently taking his hand and placing on the bump. Then the baby kicked. The first kick you felt. "That's the first time she kicked." You smile with joy happy to have your husband back. "She will be a wonderful child." Spock said and you agreed. And she was months later Amanda River was born. She was beautiful even with the pointed ears she inherited from her father.