Jim Kirk

(Au where you have your soulmates name tattooed on your body)

Growing up in a small town most people's soulmates were right around the corner. And around the same age. But lucky you. Lucky lucky you. When you were old enough to realize what soulmate meant you knew exactly who he was, not because he lived right around the corner, but because he was probably the most famous starship captain in Star Fleet. James Tiberius Kirk. He was a captain you were a new ensign. He was 34 you were 18. It was rare that soulmates had that big of an age differences. You were a prodigy like Chekov. You specialized in history and culture. So they put you on the Enterprise when you were 17. Thankfully it was chilly on the ship so you got to wear long sleeves that covered your mark. The morning of your 18 birthday you put on a long sleeve dress and ran to find Carol and Nyota. They had become like mothers to you since yours wasn't on the ship. You found them alone in the cafeteria.
"Happy birthday (Y/N). Can we see your soulmate name now?" Both of them ran up to you asking the question at the same time.
"I'll just say the same thing I always say... you know him."
"Is it Chekov? You'd be so cute with him." Carol asked dreamy eyed.
"Umm... no. Not Chekov." You scratched at your wrist.
"So that's where it is, your wrist." Nyota grabbed your hand and pulled up your sleeve. "Oh, so that's why he only wears long sleeves."
Carol looked at your wrist and gasped. "Why hasn't he said anything? Probably didn't want to embarrass you. That's sweet. He's on the bridge with Leo and Spock. We'll get them to leave and you talk to Jim." She grabbed your hand and ran with you to the bridge Nyota following.
You walk onto the bridge and the other women went to their boyfriends pulling them away. Leo and Spock had confused looks but went with the girls. Jim looked at you and blushed, Jim Kirk blushed, and caused you to blush.
"Happy birthday (Y/N)."
"Thanks. I'm 18. Finally." You bit your lip scratching at your wrist and noticed he did the same.
"What? Oh right you're 18." This couldn't be more awkward.
"Yeah. You know your name has been a bit of problem growing up." You giggle trying to soften the mood.
"What? Why?" He looked a little shocked.
"You're 16 years older then me, you joined Star Fleet before I was in high school. Everyone knows your name. So basically all the wives of old starship captains raised me to be the perfect wife for you. It was horrible."
"What did they teach you?"
"A whole bunch of useless shit that was probably useful back in their day 70 years ago."
"Well, sorry about that I guess. But to be honest I thought you might be dead. Until I saw your name on the crew list. Then I saw your age." And here's where it gets really awkward.
"Yeah. You know they say the soulmates with longer gaps are special. More compatible. Like everyone else is a 99% match but people like us are 100%."
"I didn't know that. I like that. We're special. So I know this is sudden and all but I've been waiting for you for 34 years." He pulls a box out of his pocket and opens it to reveal a ring. A big shiny diamond was in the middle with little diamonds on the edges.
"I've waited 18 years for you. So yes. I'll marry you." He puts the ring on your hand.
"Not like you have a choice." He smirked and kissed you. You heard gasps and broke the kiss to see the bridge crew plus Bones and Scotty.
"We get to plan a wedding!" Nyota and Carol cheered.
"I guess so." You let them be in their little excitement world and look at Jim. "I love you."
"I love you too beautiful." He smiled again and kissed you.