Thorin

(So the prompt came from my favorite tumblr hobbit/LOTR imagine blog imaginexhobbit.)

'Imagine during a fight with an Orc it grabbed hold of your long hair causing you to have to cut it. Incredibly saddened the company of dwarves comforts you telling you that you are still beautiful.'

The battle was over. The mountain was yours once again. Thankfully all of the Company had survived with only scrapes, bruises, and broken parts. You were mostly unharmed. Just a few scratches from being knocked around. But the worst of it was your once beautiful long (H/C) hair was gone. What once swung at your hips now barely touched your shoulders. An Orc had held you by your locks so the only choice you had was to swing your sword upward and free yourself from the Orc and your hair. You were proud of your long hair as all dwarf women were. Everyone in the Company always commented on it's beauty. But now it was gone and you were ashamed. How could you face the men without it? You were no longer beautiful.
"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" You heard the voices of the young prince brothers.
"We won! The mountain is ours!" Kili shouted hugging you tightly.
"Isn't it amazing (Y/N)? Everyone is alive and we have our home!" Fili smiled widely then gasped when he noticed your hair.
"Oh don't look at it. I know I lost my beauty." You throw the hood of your cloak over your head to hide your hair and running away from them.
"(Y/N)..." Kili started but was stopped by his older brother.
"No, let her go." He said. He had a plan on how to fix your pain.
Once you ran for sometime you found yourself alone on a hill that wasn't blood stained. You cried and stared at the sunset. At least something still held beauty. Everyone loved a sunset. Unlike you, what dwarf would want to court you when you couldn't proudly wear a courting braid or his beads in your hair.
You were snapped out of your thoughts when Thorin spoke behind you.
"There is only one thing I have witness that is more beautiful then this setting sun."
You didn't turn to face him but asked, "What's the most beautiful?" What did the king find so beautiful he had found it worth sharing?
"You. Never have I seen a woman with your breathtaking radiance." He moved in front of you making the sunlight a halo around his handsome form. You had always found the king more handsome then others. But you no longer had the beauty he seemed to love.
"But I am no longer beautiful." You tear up and he frowns kneeling to wipe the tears from your cheeks. His hand moves from your face to the edge of your hood moving it away.
"Fili and Kili told me of your loss. But my sweet you are lovely the way you are. Your (H/C) locks will return as pretty as they once were and are now."
"But nothing can be done to it. It's too short. It can't even be braided in a simple braid."
He shakes his head and smiles softly. "May I?" he brushes a loose piece from your face.
You blush and nod as he moves behind you and takes your hair in his large hands. You could feel him moving and twisting pieces, groaning a bit when a piece didn't work the way he wanted.
"See. As beautiful as ever. Maybe even more. It is not as long but still shows my love for you." you feel the braid he left and the beads in weaved in. You knew the braid the moment you felt the interlocking pattern.
"My king... this is..." you were shocked unable to speak. A courting braid and he confessed his love for you.
"I have my mountain but I need a queen. Please my beautiful (Y/N). Be my queen." He pulled you to your feet and looked into your eyes.
"Yes. Oh yes my king." You smile brighter then ever before. He kissed your hair gently before taking your hand in his.
"Let us return to the others. Many celebrations are to be held. We have won our home and I have won your heart." he says walking you back to the camp.