JJ

(In this the reader, age 15, is a child who is adopted by JJ. It's slightly based on the above imagine. I'm not going to go into detail of the loss of family. It will be more positive and about life with Mom!JJ.)

"Are you about this JJ?" Hotch asked the blonde as she signed her name on the adoption papers.
"She has no one Hotch. I talked to Will and he already faxed his paper work back. And here's mine." JJ said as she signed the last page and put it in the folder before giving it to the social worker.
"When will you be back?" The dark haired agent asked her.
"A few days. She lost a lot of blood. And then the shock of losing her family then moving to a new state."
"I understand. Call if you need anything." Hotch left JJ in the waiting room of the hospital. She was waiting on news on (Y/N). The 15 year old was now JJ's daughter. Your family was killed by the now captured unsub. Without any other family you were going to be put in foster care. JJ couldn't let that happen. For some reason she was drawn to you. Maybe because you reminded JJ of her sister. She didn't know. All she knew was that one minute she was cuffing a killer then the next she was talking pros and cons with her husband about adopting you. Pros won and soon you would be living with them and Henry.
"Agent, she's waking up." A nurse came by the waiting room and then led JJ back to your room. You looked horrible. Your face was bruised and you looked like death. JJ pulled a chair close to the bed and waited for you. Moments later your (E/C) eyes opened. Then blinked at the light. Then stayed open.
"Where's... where's my family?" You repeated over and over. Finally JJ told you everything. How your family was killed and you were barely saved. And how you would be living with JJ, Will, and Henry. At first you was unsure but then you warmed up to the blonde. After a week in the hospital and a few days packing JJ brought you to your new home.
"So Will is my husband and we have Henry. He's 5 and he will love you. He loves meeting new people." JJ smiled hoping it would help you calm down. She opened the door and immediately Henry came running up to her.
"Mommy! I missed you!"
"I missed you too Henry. Look I brought someone home with me. This is (Y/N). She's your sister now." Henry looked at you and smiled.
"Hi! Are you going to live here? Why are you my sister? How old are you? What's your favorite color?" He asked as many questions as a five year old could think of.
"Calm down Henry. She can answer your questions later." Finally Will came out of the kitchen.
"So this is Henry and this is my husband Will. I'll show you to your room." You just smiled and followed her. You had barely spoken since waking up in the hospitals. The room was nice. Will or someone had a obviously painted, the room still had that lingering wet paint smell. "I hope you like purple. Your old room was blue I figured purple would be a nice change but still somewhat the same."
"Purple is good. I like purple." You shrug.
"I'll give you some time to unpack. Just come into the kitchen when you are ready." She leaves and you sit on the bed and pick at a loose thread on the sheets. Wow. Everything was different now. You had to get use to a new family. They seemed nice. If it wasn't for them you'd be in foster care and that sounded like a nightmare. After a few minutes you put your clothes in the closet and decided you'd wait till after dinner to unpack everything. You then went back to the kitchen. Dinner was on the table and everyone, even Henry, smiled when you sat down in the open chair. Will and JJ talked for a few minutes about the case, censoring some of the gore for Henry's sake. Then you spoke up.
"Um... can I ask a question?"
"Of course sweetie. Ask anything?" JJ smiled.
"Where will I go to school? It's the middle of the year. And I was homeschooled."
"Well, let's get you settled in first. We can worry about school later." Will said in his calming voice. You liked his voice.
"Okay." You started poking at your food but not really eating. "Can I go back to my room?" It felt weird calling that your room.
"Yes. If you want to shower the bathroom is at the end of the hall." JJ answered and you got up and walked to your new room. You finished unpacking then got some pajamas and went to shower.
The hot water felt good on your skin. You closed your eyes and imagined you were back in your old home, with your mom and dad. Your family. You then started thinking about JJ and her family. Your new family. They were nice but could they be as good as your old family. Your first family? How should you word that? After a while the water went cold so you got out, dried off, and got dressed then went back to your room. JJ was sitting on your bed and smiled when you came in.
"I just wanted to say goodnight and make sure you had everything you needed."
"I think I have everything. Thank you."
"You're welcome (Y/N). I'll be up for a while so if you need anything just come to the living room." She stood up and let you get in bed once you were under the sheets she started to walk out closing the door.
"JJ..." you stopped her before she was out.
"Yes?"
"Can you leave the door open? And maybe the hall light on?" You knew it was childish to be afraid of the dark but you were. JJ smiled and nodded.
"Of course. Good night (Y/N)."
"Good night JJ." She then walked out and you fell asleep thinking this family wasn't that bad.