Chekov

Khans daughter part 3

You tossed and turned in your bed. You looked at the clock and read the numbers 2:48. You hadn't sleep a wink. You were 7 months pregnant and your baby, a girl you were naming Rose Natasha Chekov, wouldn't stop moving. You sat up and put your hand against your stomach and tried to calm the painful kicks. "(Y/N)? Are you okay?" Paval asked sitting up next to you. He was doing a good job taking care of you. Getting you food when you had late night cravings. Holding your hair when you had morning sickness. He went to every scan and loved seeing the baby. His favorite thing to do was put his hands on your belly and talk to the baby in Russian. "The baby. She won't stop moving. At this rate I won't sleep at all and I have to supervise tomorrow since Scotty has to fix the core again." "You are not going to engineering." he said shaking his head. "Nothing will happen. I'll just sit there and answer questions. I won't even touch a tool. They need me. Everything will be fine, Pasha." You use your nickname for him then groan when you feel another painful jab to the side. Chekov chuckled a bit, "You zink since you are zuper human you voulded feel them az much. Zey are powerful. I zink she vill be a vonderful ballerina someday." "Well even ballerinas take time to sleep." you whine and move to put your hands over Paval's. "Do you vant to go to Medbay and zee if zey can help?" he asked a bit worried. "No. No. But keep talking. She's likes your voice." you sigh in relief. He smiles and starts talking to your baby in Russian. You try to listen but you still haven't grasped the language even after hours of practice with your husband. You do catch a few words like Love, Baby, Mother, Father. Soon his voice even causes you to fall asleep. The next morning you wake up and get ready. "(Y/N) are you sure your vill be okay?" "Yes Pasha. Me and Rose will be fine. I wouldn't do anything to put our little girl in danger." you smile and rub your baby bump covered by your red dress. "Be careful. I love you." Paval says and kisses your lips before rubbing your stomach "And Papa loves you very much little princess." The baby kicked where his hand was resting. "Go. You don't Kirk to yell at you for being late again." you laugh and push him out the door closing it behind you as you walked away. Chekov had gained a reputation for being late because he talked to your baby too much. Kirk was annoyed every time.
"Hey Scotty." you call when you entered engineering. "Hello lass and baby lass. So you can just sit here and make sure no one hurts my baby." Scotty laughs. "I will Scotty. Everything will be fine." you assure him as he walks away. And everything was fine until something blew up when a new ensign put two wires together. It was a small blast and luckily you weren't hurt to bad. Just a scratch across your upper arm from your shoulder to elbow. You sat in Medbay and waited for Chekov. As if by clockwork he ran in looking worried. "Are you okay? Iz ze baby okay? Vhat happened?" he rushed. "We are fine. Someone accidentally put two wires that shouldn't go to together together." you smile at him. "I knew zis vould happen. I zouldn't have let you go to vork." "Pasha. No don't blame yourself. Rose and I are fine." you tell him. "Actually (Y/N) the kid's right for once. You're close to your due date. As your doctor I say it's time you take off from working until a month after the baby is here." Bones says as he walks in the room. "Really?" you whine. You liked working. Bones nods and hands you a piece of paper. You read it and find it to be a letter to Kirk saying you can't work for at least 3 months. You sigh and Chekov walks with you to the bridge. "Keptin? Are you busy?" Chekov was always so respectful to Kirk. You on the other hand still had a little bit of a grudge since what he did to your dad. "Not really. Why?" Kirk asks and you hand him the note. "You don't seem happy for someone who is getting to stay in bed all day for three months." Kirk laughs. "You know I like working." "Well now you have time to worry about that little one. Like what weird accent it's going have. What does a Russian accent mixed with a slight English accent sound like?" he laughed. You had a slight English accent since you lived there for a few years and picked up the accent. "Keptin I vould appreciated it if you didn't insult my daughter." you liked this side of Paval. The protective fatherly side. He would get this look on his face that made you smile. It's reminded you how lucky you were to have him. "Okay. Okay. Sorry. So I guess you'll can work again in 3 months. Have fun till then." Kirk smirks as you groan. You return to your room and think about what you will do for the next 3 months.
--2 months later--
It was almost time for your baby to arrive. In that time you had decorated the nursery, which was your old quarters from before you started living with Chekov located next door to your room. You designed it around ballerinas hoping your daughter would want to dance like the beautiful Russian ballerinas you always loved watching. You had hand made hundreds of baby outfits with the help of Uhura, who was your best gal pal. She loved hanging around you and talking about future plans she had for your baby. Everyday you sat in Bones office trying to convince him to let you work for one day at the least. He would then be annoyed and glare at you which meant you glared back until you got bored and left. So now you were sitting in your bed with Pavel talking about the baby. "Mummy and Papa cannot wait to meet you little princess." you said and giggled as Chekov ran his fingers up and down your slightly raised belly. Thankfully you didn't put on much baby weight. You only went up one dress size. But most of the time you just wore one of Paval's shirts since you stayed in your room most of the time. "I got zomezing today vhen ve vent to explore ze planet." Kirk had sent Chekov, Sulu, and Spock down to an earth like planet to see what the people were like. It was basically a copy of earth but the people were 16 feet tall and had blue skin. "For me or for Rose?" you ask. "For Roze." he laughed and picked up a box. He opened it and pulled out a little outfit. It was so cute. It was a black and white fluffy footed onesie with a hood that had little ears and a little tail on the bum making it look like a panda bear costume. "I know you love pandas." Pavel said and laid it on your belly. It's true you loved the black and white creatures. "Oh Pasha. It's wonderful. This should be the first thing she wears. She'll be so cute." you laugh and sit the outfit on the table next to you. Suddenly you felt a sharp pain in your stomach. You put you hand over the spot and felt it again. "(Y/N) vhats vrong?" "The baby. She's coming." you actually smile happy your little girl is coming even though you're in pain. Pavel jumps up and helps you up and calls Bones. You make it to Medbay and they put you in a private room. "We're going to meet our little princess soon!" you say excited. "I know. I know. Are you in pain?" Chekov asked. "Nothing to bad." you say and put your hand on your stomach while Paval covers your hand with his.
Two hours later you're holding your little Rose in your arms. "Zhe iz here! Zhe iz perfect. Like her mother. Hello little Rose. I'm your Papa!" Paval says taking the baby from your arms and sits in the chair next to your bed. "Pasha. We need to talk about something." your voice was serious. You had wanted to talk about this for a while but now that Rose was really here you needed to talk about this. "Vhat is it?" "I want to take Rose to see my father. At least once. I know he's a bad person but he's my father. Rose's grandfather. I think he should see her at least once." you had missed you father over these few months. Before being separated you and Khan were quite close. "I understand. But I don't vant you to go alone. I vould feel better if he came here." he said while looking at the baby. You nodded.
Two weeks later you, Paval, and Rose sat in the meeting room waiting for your father. You hadn't told him why but you told him you were safe and wanted to talk to him. Finally the door opened and Kirk walked in with Khan. "(Y/N). I have missed you." he smiled as you walked up to hug him. "I have missed you too Father. I want you to meet someone." you tell him and lead him to where Pavel was holding Rose. "Father, this is Rose. My daughter. Your grandchild." you smile. His normally stone expression softens just a bit. "(Y/N), she is beautiful. Like you as a child." You take her from your husband and offer her to Khan who carefully holds her like she's made of glass. You smile at the fact that for once your family is together.
"Seeing her makes me want a baby." Uhura says. Everyone looks at Spock and laughs at his unchanging Vulcan face went green for moment. "So I don't want to see her for 18 years. You know in case I run into her at a club." Kirk winks. "Kirk you should look at the way Chekovs glaring at you. I wouldn't mess with Papa bear over there." Sulu laughs and takes the baby from Uhura's arms. Rose had been pasted from person to person. Everyone holding her at least twice before she started to cry and wiggle around in Scotty's arms. "I think the lass is getting tired." he said and Paval happily took his daughter. He loved rocking her to sleep. The crew leaves the three of you and smile looking at your true greatest treasures. "Papa loves you so much." Paval says putting Rose in her cradle before walking back to your room with you. "I love you, Pasha. So so much. I can't wait to raise our daughter with you." you yawn as you sit in bed. "I love you too." he smiles and kisses your lips before turning off the lights.