Ringo Starr

Working Past the Hate

'Where is it?' you thought digging thru your bathroom drawer for you hairbrush. You had just stepped out of the shower and had only a large towel wrapped tightly around your body. Then you remembered you left it on the coffee table in the living room. You sighed and walked out of your bathroom heading to the den hoping the boys weren't back. Luck was against you and you entered the living room to see your brother and the rest of the band in your family's den surrounded by bottles of beer. You walked past the group grabbed your brush and headed back. You heard John and George whistle under their breath and when you passed Ringo he sent a nice slap to your ass. "Down boy." you laugh and heard your brother Paul groan loudly. "Can't help it Baby Macca." Ringo smirked. "Can you at least hold off till I'm not in the room?" you heard Paul say as you entered your bedroom. You brushed your hair and put on a black mini skirt and blue top that tied around your mid section. You put on make up and just as you finished the door bell rang. You answered it and saw a delivery boy holding a big box. You signed off on it and had him sit it on the porch after he said it was a bit heavy. "Will one of you big strong men come get this package for me? Its too heavy for a little lady like myself." you shout and the four come running. "Whose it for?" George asked as Paul picked up the box. "It just says The Beatles." Paul shrugged and sat the box in the middle of the living room. You walked in and sat on the couch. Ringo looked at you and you knew what he wanted. You stood and he slipped in behind you pulling you onto his lap. "Really? Can you two keep your clothes on?" Paul begged. "Maybe." you winked and took a beer bottle from Ringo. "Nope. My baby sister is not drinking in front of me." Paul said and tried to take the bottle from you. "Calm down Paulie. It's not going to kill me." You assure him and take a drink. "What's in the box? Fan mail?" you ask trying to change the subject. "Yeah it is. Look at this stuff. Clothes. Flowers. Food. Cigarettes. Letters. There's even one for you (Y/N)." John says and hands you a white envelope. You opened it and read what it said. You felt Ringo sit his chin on your shoulder reading the note with you. You didn't even get halfway thru before Ringo ripped it from your hands. "Don't listen to them, love. I love you. You are perfect. Those girls are just jealous that they aren't as beautiful and sexy as you." he whispered lovingly into your ear. The others gave him a weird look and Paul snatched up the letter reading it before passing it to John and George. "Oh Baby Macca don't listen to them. We all love you." George told you with a smile. "Yeah if these girls don't love you then aren't true fans." John added. "I know I know." you nod. "And this is just one. It's not like you get them all the time." Paul grinned but dropped it when he saw your face. "How many love?" Ringo asks you taking you off his lap and sitting you next to him taking your hands in his. "(Y/N) please tell us." he begged. "Just a few. 5 or 6." you say with tears forming. You hated reading the horrible things the fans wrote you. They were always the same. 'Why would Ringo love you your so ugly' 'how can you and Paul be brother and sister he's so handsome and you're so not' the list goes on. "Sweet Baby Macca. Why didn't you say anything?" Paul asked and pulled into a hug. You felt the other lads arms go around you in a comforting group hug. "I don't know. It didn't seem important." you shrugged it off. "Your feelings are always important." Ringo said when the group pulled apart. "You're my girl and no one messes with you. They'll have me to answer to." he said and kissed you. "And you're my baby sister. So I'll be there too." Paul agreed. "And your our Baby Macca which means we would be there too right John?" George looked at John who nodded, "Of course." "I love you lads." "We love you too." they all reply.