Jared Leto

(Another story inspired by my dear sister EccentricBooks. So enjoy this.) (unedited)

"I still can't believe you are going to marry him." Your sister, (Name), said.
"(Sis!Name) I love Jared. And Jared loves me. We are going to get married and be happy." You tell her for the millionth time. Your sister had a problem with your fiancé. She did not like him one bit. When you told her you were dating she shrugged it off thinking it wouldn't last. You were with Jared Leto and actors rarely stayed in relationships. But then he proposed and (sis!name) got more vocal about her dislike of him. You brushed her off and told her that the two of you were in love and were going to stay together. But she didn't back down. Even today, the day of your wedding she was still trying to get you to back down.
"Come on. It's time to start. Please don't ruin this for me. You promised." Even though she wasn't happy about you getting married she wanted to be maid of honor. So you made her promise she wouldn't do anything to ruin your day.
"I know (Y/N). I won't. I'll just glare at him." She said and handed you your bouquet. She walked out first then it was your turn. You were walking alone because your dad died when you were young. The music started and you started walking towards Jared. He looked at you and smiled, his blue eyes sparkling. You reached the end of the aisle and the ceremony started.
"Be careful. Don't do anything illegal." (Sis!Name) said as you and Jared were leaving for the airport.
"I promise we will try to be good and legal. I'll buy you something. See you in two weeks." You hugged her and then got in the waiting limo.
"Gonna tell me where we are going?" You asked looking at your new husband.
He just smiled and you and shook his head. "Nope. Just trust me. You will like it, I promise.'
"Are you going to be buying me a whole new wardrobe to wear while we are there? Because I didn't pack anything."
"I figured you could wear that the whole time. It's sexy." He said gesturing to the short white dress I had changed into, my wedding dress was not very comfy, cute yes, comfy no. "I'm joking babe. I packed for you. I know what you like."
"How did I get so lucky as to find you?" I asked taking his hand in mine and leaning my head on his shoulder.
"I'm the lucky one. Not many people can put up with me. Most people act like your sister."
"I'm sorry about her. She's just crazy."
"It's okay babe. Her opinion doesn't matter. All that matters is that I have you." Jared said and smiled making his blue eyes sparkle the way I love. "I love you (Y/N)."
"I love you, too, Jared." Then he pressed his lips to mine.

*Jared's POV*
I don't know why it happened. One minute everything was perfect. I had my wife, my (Y/N), we were happy. Then a huge truck hit the limo. It flipped and rolled. I don't know how long I was out. All I know is I woke up to see (Y/N) unconsious and covered in blood but I could feel her pulse. That meant she would be okay. I heard the sirens then the voices. Paramedics pulled us out of the crash and sent us straight to the nearest hospital.
It's been two days and they still haven't told me anything about (Y/N). I keep asking but they keep saying they are still working on her. They have to know something after two days. I only had some broken ribs and cuts. She couldn't be much worse. She couldn't be. She had to be okay. She wasn't going to die. She had to live. We just started our lives together. We had so many plans. So many things I was going to do for her. Starting with our honeymoon, she always wanted to stay on the beach in Bora Bora. I was going to take her there and stay as long as she wanted. Then after that we would go anywhere she wished to go whenever she wanted to go. She said something about England and France once and maybe Italy. We might as well just backpack through all of Europe. Once we were out of this hospital and healed completely thats what I'll do for her. Anything to see her smile.
Her smile. Thats the first thing I noticed about her. She had the most beautiful smile. I couldn't take my eyes off her lips when I met her.
It was at a photoshoot. She was the intern and was running around doing whatever order the photographer barked at her. It was while she was running around that she literally ran into me. I helped her up and she smiled and then started apologizing. I assured her it was no big deal and then she was called away by the photographer. I caught up with her after the shoot and asked her out to dinner. She smiled with a blush and agreed.
She looked amazing the night of our first date. I mean she always looks wonderful but seeing her all made up for the first time, wow. I remember it like it was yesterday and not 2 years ago. I barely recognized her. She had on the most beautiful dark green dress, she still has it I packed it for her to wear to dinner on the honeymoon, and curled her hair. Breath taking. I fell in love with her that night. I knew then I never wanted to be away from her. But right I was. The minute she needed someone the most and I wasn't with her.
What if she didn't make it? What if our future was over? At least her last thoughts were happy. But she never got to live her life the way she wanted. She would never get to see Europe or the beaches of Bora Bora. Never again would I wake up to her sleepy smile and listen to her tell me her dreams. She loved to do that. Tell me her dreams. She had so many. So many places to go and things to do.
Thinking back now there's so many things I regret. I should have spent more time with her. Too much of our relationship was spent with me on tour and filming while she stayed home. She told me she was happy but I knew she wasn't.
I hate myself for the fights we had. Most weren't too bad. The only real fight we had was over children. She wanted them. I didn't so I told her no. We fought over it for days until finally she gave in and said she could live without kids but I promised her I would think about it. And now I was thinking about it and regretted that fight. If she lives I'll give her as many kids as she wants.
On the third day I'd had enough of the doctors and nurses avoided my questions. I had to know how my wife was doing.
"How do you feel today Mr. Leto?" A nurse asked checking one of the IVs.
"I want to know about my wife. About (Y/N). It's been three days tell me. Please just tell me the truth. Is my wife alive? Is she going to live?"
The nurse sighed and asked, "How much do you remember from the accident?"
"Not much. I was knocked out and woke up around the time the paramedics got there so it couldn't have been long right?"
"Right but it was long enough. Once they pulled you from the limo it started sparking. The gas was going to light. Lucky they got your wife before a full fire started. She's in a coma and on life support. They don't know if she's going to live. It's a day by day thing. Her injuries were worse then yours. She hit her end pretty hard. And if she does wake up there's going to be a lot of scarring. They think a few of the sparks hit her burning her skin. Nothing too major but it's noticeable. Mostly on her arms and legs, nothing on her face, and a little on her neck."
"Can I see her? Please. I have to see her." My sweet (Y/N). I had to be with her. Even if she wasn't awake I wanted to be with her. Holding her hand. Telling her it would be okay and she could win this and come back to me.
"I'll ask the doctor." The nurse said and came back a few minutes later with a wheelchair, that I unhappily sat in, and took me to (Y/N).
She looked so tiny, so breakable. Once the nurse left I got as close to her as possible. Taking her hand in mine. I could see the scars the nurse was talking about. They weren't too noticeable from a distance just when you got near her. Just tiny little specks of scars scattered on her arms I could barely feel them. She wouldn't like them though. She was always insecure about how she looked. This would crush her. I looked up at her face. Pale and covered with tubes. She was still perfect though.
"I love you (Y/N). I love you so much. Please don't leave me yet. There's so much for us to do. Please stay. For me."
   A week later they discharged me but not (Y/N). She still hadn't waken up. She was getting though. They were taking life support off today. They claimed she was strong enough to breathe on her own. I only left her side to go home and shower and for a change of clothes. Her sister had taken the pets while we weren't home. I was letting my hair and beard grow out for her. She always said that was her favorite look on me. The way I looked when we met.
"Mr. Leto?" It was her doctor. He was nice enough man. "I think it's time to start looking into long term care for your wife. She's staying stable. Which is better then going down but not as good as going up."
"Long term care?"
"Like a nursing home basically. Someone more comfortable then a hospital. They specialize in care for people like your wife. I have some booklets you can look at for different places in the area. And we have some nurses who volunteer at some of these places if you have questions." He handed me the booklets and left. It was hard to think about but I had to do it. So I opened one and started researching.
  I found a care center close to our house. Just a five minute drive. A 20 minute walk even. They transported (Y/N) there a month after the accident. It was a nice place. Friendly staff, very caring. It had been three months since the accident. Since my (Y/N) was taken from me.
"Happy three month anniversary babe." I kissed her forehead and then sat in a chair next to her bed. "I brought this for you. Figured you like to have it back." I took her hand and slid her rings back on her finger. The hospital had given them to me when they moved her. I'd been holding on to them hoping to give them back when she woke up but decided she should wear them now. "Nothing's changed much. The cats miss you. Your sister sent me pictures of them. My agent called. They want me for that movie. You know the role I've been working on. The one you helped with. I don't think I'm going to take it though. You need me too much. There will always be-" I was going to continue when I thought I saw her move her head. It was barely a move to the side but it was a move. "(Y/N). Babe. Can you hear me?" Her nose twitched and a light sound escaped her lips. "Come on babe. Wake up. It's okay. Open your eyes."
Slowly her eyes opened revealing the beautiful (E/C) eyes that I loved.
"Jared? What happened? Where are we?"
"It's a long story. Hold on let me get a doctor." I kissed her forehead then went to the hall and called for a doctor.
"Good afternoon Mrs. Leto. We are very happy to see you awake. I'm just going to do a few test to check a few things." He said and started waving a flash light in her eyes. He said everything looked good and he would back for more test soon.
"Will you tell me what happened now?" She asked and looked up at me.
*normal P.O.V.*
You woke up in a room you were sure you had never been in before. You had the worse headache ever and your whole body hurt. Then you saw and heard Jared. And then you met a doctor. Finally Jared explained what happened the night of your wedding.
"It's been three months exactly. So happy anniversary. I love you."
"I love you too. How long do I have to stay here?"
"I don't know. Hopefully not long. How do you feel?"
"Horrible headache and my whole body is sore. Sad that I missed three months of life."
"Hey don't think that way. Be happy you are alive. I was so worried you would never wake up. That I would lose you. I'm sorry this all happened."
You took his hand held it in yours, "It's not your fault. You didn't know this would happen. Like you said I'm alive. It could have been worse." Then you noticed the scars. "Do those look as bad as I think they do? Please tell me they don't look this hideous." You started feeling up and down your arms touching the scars.
"I barely see them. You are beautiful. Like you always have been. And always will be."
   Two weeks later the doctors released you to go home. You had to start physical therapy to regain the muscle you lost laying down for 3 months but at least you were alive. Once you got past the scars and were able to walk again you were back to your old self. It was nice having things back to normal.
   "Happy birthday babe." Jared said and handing you a envelope. "Open it. You will love it."
You took the envelope from his hands and carefully ripped it open. Inside were plane tickets. Two for Bora Bora and two for England.
   "The honeymoon we never got and your birthday trip. We leave tomorrow."
   "Thank you. This is amazing." You smiled and kissed him happily.
"I'd do anything to see you smile. I love you."
"I love you too." You kissed him again then heading to your room to pack for your redo honeymoon.