2 - math test

"what's going on?" mattsun asked when he saw you and oikawa standing outside of the gym. you looked frustrated while oikawa looked bored.

he had just come into the gym after talking to a teacher so he was late for practice much to his displeasure. mostly because he knew you were always there after practice.

"they're in a fight about something." iwaizumi answered and picked up a volleyball.

"or someone." makki glanced at the girl who was standing by the door next to oikawa.

"and who's she?" mattsun looked over to wear makki was looking.

"dunno, some girl who came in the gym and asked for oikawa the same time y/n walked in." makki answered.

"like just a random girl?" mattsun asked, pulling his kneepads up.

"no, apparently oikawa knows her." iwaizumi said and handed the ball over to kunimi.

"oh." mattsun's eyes traveled back to you. "she looks mad."

"she does." makki nodded and watched as oikawa cut you off and walked back into the gym.

the other girl walked back you and shot you a short smile while flipped her hair over her shoulder.

you walked back in after them and mattsun walked over to you. "don't go punching people now." he said, poking your closed fist.

"i'll punch you."

"do it. i bet i won't even feel a thing." mattsun challenge and put his arm out in front of you.

you glared at him and punched him right in the ribs. mattsun's hand went over the spot you punched and he face looked a bit pained.

"didnt feel a thing?" you asked. makki and iwaizumi were standing behind him, turning the other way to hide their laughter.

"where did you know how to punch like that?" mattsun asked and rubbed his arm.

"woke up one day and suddenly knew how to punch." you answered and sat down in one of the chairs.

"so who's the girl?" mattsun asked, standing behind you.

"some girl."

"name?"

"don't know, go ask oikawa or something." you said cooly. mattsun glanced down at you when he heard the annoyance and frustration in your voice.

"fine." he left you alone for the rest of practice.

"hey, i'm gonna walk saki home." oikawa jogged up to you after practice was over.

"who?" you asked and looked up from your phone.

"saki, this is masaki hana." he gestured over to the girl from before.

"oh."

"yeah. goodnight, see you tomorrow." he walked away with masaki walking next to him. you stayed in your seat, watching them disappear.

"might wanna get up soon unless you want to get locked inside." mattsun kicked your chair.

you simply stood up and left. your brother had already left so it was a fifteen minute walk home alone.

mattsun put away the chair you were sitting on before leaving. he saw you digging through your bag for something and debating if he should stop or not.

"lost something?" his mouth opened before his mind could make a decision.

you looked up and then back down at your bag. "i left my notebook in my locker." you answered and closed your bag shut. there's an exam tomorrow."

"what subject?"

"math."

mattsun opened his bag and quickly searched for his notebook. his eyes found the notebook and he pulled it out.

"oh look what i have here." he flipped the notebook around like he was examining it.

you didn't answer and simply stared at him. mattsun didn't mind. he was trying to drag out the conversation for as long as he could while making it casual.

"can i borrow it?" you asked.

"magic word?" mattsun flipped through the pages, for once glad he took the time to take notes during class.

"please." he threw his notebook over at you.

"you're welcome." he said and started walking away.

"i can't even read your writing!" you called out, but thankful either way.

"stop complaining and go study!" he said and stuck his earbuds into his ears, keeping the volume down just in case you were gonna say something else.

"i'll give it back tomorrow!" you said before walking in the opposite direction.

~~~

"so i might've forgotten your notebook at home..." you said and looked down at your shoes the next day in class.

"idiot." mattsun said without looking up from his textbook.

"i'll bring it tomorrow." you promised and sat down next to him. you placed your bag in your lap and took out your things.

"you're lucky i already studied." he said, looking over at you for a second before looking back down at his book.

"i was in a rush."

"when are you not?"

"no, but today i was actually in a rush. i slept in and had to get everything into my bag while getting coffee for oikawa and then getting my brother up at the same time because that stupid fuck slept in too." you rushed out.

"yeah, no wonder you look like you just ran a marathon." he said and flipped the page. "if you fail this test im gonna laugh at you."

"i won't fail."

"is this gonna be like how you said you would bring me my notebook today? he closed the textbook and put it back into his backpack.

"i studied last night. it's all up in here." you tapped the side of your head.

your teacher started handed out the math tests and mattsun continued watching you for your reaction. "understand everything?" he asked when you looked down at the test.

"yep." you picked up your pencil and started working. mattsun moved his gaze from you down to his paper and picked up his pencil to start working. the class was quiet other than the occasion pencil dropping and paper flipping over.

after forty five minutes the test was over and your teacher collected your tests. "so, how was it?" mattsun asked after he handed the teacher his paper.

"good."

"confident you passed?"

"It's like you don't want me to pass." you said and dropped your pencil in your bag.

mattsun shrugged. "just trying to see if my notes paid off."

"you'll be the first to know if i passed or failed."

"i'll be waiting."