34 - jacket custody

you were the first to wake up in the morning. mattsun was laying on his side and his arm was draped over your waist. you were turned into his chest and had one hand on his chest.

carefully, you lifted his arm off your waist and sat up. you looked down at him while he slept and saw how peaceful he looked in his sleep.

your hand made its way to his face and brushed the strands of hair that was dropping over his eyes. you forgot how fluffy and soft his hair felt and continued brushing his hair back until you realized how creepy it was that you were just playing with his hair while he slept.

you got out of bed and went to the bathroom. luckily, the first drawer you opened had a spare toothbrush that was still in the packaging.

when mattsun woke up and his arm continued feeling the spot next to him. he popped one eye open when he felt that it was empty.

"y/n?" he asked, his voice still groggy from just waking up from his sleep. he got out of his bed and nearly tripped over a book he kept laying on the floor.

his jacket that you wore yesterday night was still on the floor as well so that meant you either left without it or was still downstairs. but with the fight you put up trying to take the jacket back last night he was pretty sure you wouldn't leave without it.

before walking downstairs he stopped by the bathroom and did his morning routine.

"that was one the best one!" he heard mai cheer and then the rustling on a plastic bag.

"mai, at least aim for her mouth." his mother said while cooking something on the stove.

"morning." mattsun greeted, making both your head and mai's turn around.

"hi." you smiled at him and noticed his his hair looked even messier than it did when you won't up.

"hi. what are you two doing?" he asked and looked down at the bag of chocolate chips on the counter.

"let's shwo him!" mai picked out a chip and you opened your mouth. she threw it into the air and you caught it in your mouth. "ta da!"

"nice." mattsun grabbed a handful of chocolate chips and put them in his mouth. "morning mom."

"morning issei." his mother went to grab three plates. "i'm leaving for work in an hour so can you clean up after?"

"sure." mattsun went to help his mom get breakfast ready while you stayed with mai.

the three of you continued to throw chocolate chips into each other's mouths throughout breakfast and soon you and mai started teaming up against mattsun.

"this is downright unfair!" mattsun complained when his face was being hit with chocolate chips.

"we have to bully you, you're the only boy! it's the rules." mai grinned and put her plate into the sink.

"what rules?" mattsun grabbed the bag of chips before you could take anymore out.

"bullying my brother rules." mai replied before walking out to the living room. you and mattsun cleaned up the kitchen before going out with her.

"i should get home." you checked the time and realized it should be time for you mom to get home and your dad to leave.

"i'll walk you home." mattsun offered up quickly.

"no its fine, you should stay with mai." you walked up the stairs and mattsun followed right after you.

"we can both walk you home!" mai shouted.

you put mattsun's jacket on and grabbed your bag. "i really am never getting that back arent i?" mattsun looked at the jacket that was on your body.

"never." you took out your phone and checked if your dad called or texted you. nothing. "well my dad didn't say anything about sneaking out last night."

"you snuck out?" mattsun questioned.

"no, i just walked out the front door and told him i was going over to a boy's house." you answered sarcastically. "i'm sure he would love that."

"well, i'm honoured that you snuck out of your house just to see me." mattsun opened the front door for you and waited for mai to get her sneakers on.

"yeah well it was worth it. i got custody over this jacket." you spun around and ended up catching your foot on one of the uneven sidewalks. mattsun effortlessly caught you with one arm while locking the door with his other hand.

"oh wow." you were impressed. he didn't even look at you when he caught you. "thank you for that." you patted his arm and your eyes slightly widened at the muscle there.

mattsun kept his face turned to the door while you kept your hand on his arm. mai was looking between you who was looking down at mattsun's arm and then mattsun who's face was growing a bit pink.

she was very confused on why you said that you two were just friends when you guys acted like that. "right, um, walking you home." mattsun cleared his throat and got you back up.

"do you have any pets?" mai asked and shoved her brother out of the way to hold your hand.

"i have a cat that your brother bought. and then a few more friends helped with it." you answered.

"i wanna see the cat!" mai exclaimed and looked back at mattsun. "we're staying to play with the cat."

"it's going to be hard to get mars away from him." you told her. "she loves him more than he loves me."

"does he see her everyday?" mai gasped. "is that why he's never home on time? mom always asks where he is and he just says at a friend's house. he never said his friend had a cat!"

"how rude of him." you brushed a strand of mai's hair behind her ear and looked back at mattsun. "am i keeping you from being home on time?"

"no, i just choose to spend more time with you." mattsun replied simply.

"oh."

mattsun enjoyed the way you were lost for words when he said those things. it made him feel like there was a sliver of hope for him.

a hope for him to finally get the girl he's been dreaming of making his since he was fifteen.

a hope that you could feel the same way.

a hope that you could possibly fall in love with him like he did with you.

~~~
this dude in my group project didn't do one of his thingies and started blaming it on me and the other girl bc we each did four and he only did three so he was left with the last one and now he's complaining and left a blank on our project

BYE I ALMOST EXPOSED HIS WHOLE NAME ON HERE BEFOTE DELETING IT FJSBDJB WHOOPS

SORRY
NOT RLLY THO