26 - playground

you guys didn't break curfew. not yet at least.

instead, you were planning on sneaking out tonight. mattsun, makki, and iwaizumi went home by five so their parents wouldn't catch them out.

"remember! eleven o'clock!" makki said before walking out of the door.

you were looking at the time on your phone and waited for eleven. there were only ten minutes left.

your dad never checked up on you after you went to bed so all you needed to do was sneak out quietly.

you did put a pillow under your blanket just in case and mars was looking at you while you opened your window.

"don't give me that look mars." you said and mars jumped off your chair to move to sleep next the pillow that was under your blanket.

"should we throw rocks up?" you heard makki's voice from the ground. "mattsun you do it. have your whole romeo and juliet moment."

"why do you have such a big rock?" iwaizumi asked and looked at the rock in makki's hand. "i'm pretty sure you're supposed to use pebbles."

"oh and are you an expert at throwing rocks at people's windows? who are you having late night adventures with?" makki asked and threw the rock back into the bushes.

you were sitting with one leg out of the window and the other still in your room, amused by their conversation. you had no idea if kentaro was out of his room yet. normally he would be standing a good distance away from the three third years.

you ripped off a sheet of paper out of your notebook and wrote a few words down. you crumbled it into a ball and then threw it down at your best friends.

mattsun was the first to notice and looked up at you. "hi." he said and you waved down at him. iwaizumi rolled his eyes at how mattsun was still looking up at you with a small smile and reached down to open the paper.

"how do we get her down?" iwaizumi asked when he read your question on the paper.

"we didn't think that part through." makki looked over at kentaro's window and saw that he was climbing down. "i don't think we can do that with her."

"i have a plan but we'll probably end up with bruises and might bash our heads open." mattsun said.

"I'll take it. what is it?"

ten minutes later iwaizumi had mattsun sitting on his shoulders while mattsun was ready for you to get on his shoulders.

"this would be so much easier if you were taller!" mattsun whispered down to iwaizumi while holding out a hand for you. you put the leg that was already out the window over mattsun's shoulder and began to get your other leg out.

"I'm so glad we're not doing that." makki said while eating gummy bears we had bought. him and kentaro were sitting on the grass while watching the scene go down.

"you're lucky our dad's a heavy sleeper." kentaro took a red gummy bear and bit the head off.

mattsun kept one hand out for you just in case you needed it and the other was holding onto the leg that was already over his shoulders.

"you okay?" he asked, not wanting to turn around.

"perfect." you managed to get your other leg out and turned your back slightly to close your window.

"right." mattsun lowered his hand when you wrapped your arms around his neck. "now how do we get down?"

"we'll catch you." makki held out his arms.