39 - okay

"what happened to your face?" kentaro asked when he caught sight of mattsun. he wrapped one arm around you when you tried to past him to look for mars. you returned his hug and continued your search for your cat.

"hello to you too." mattsun hung up both your coats on the hook near the door.

"yeah hey, whatever, what happened to your face?

"car crash." mattsun answered and felt someone lift his arm up. he looked to the side and saw makki writing on his cast.

"stop moving. i have to perfect this signature." makki said and leaned his head down closer to the cast. "besides." he lowered his voice. "this is one of the few things that i get to do before y/n."

"mars." you captured mattsun's attention quickly and he turned his head over to you and found you picking up mars in your arms and walked back over to him who patted the top of mars' head. she pushed her head more into his hand and looked like she was ready to pounce into his arms instead.

"missed this one." mattsun lifted his finger up and mars held it between two of her paws. you smiled at their interaction and kept mars up to level with mattsun.

"missed this one more though." he accepted the marker from makki once he was done signing his name and mattsun wrapped his arm around your shoulders. "sign my cast?"

you took the black marker from his hand and he extended his arm over to you. you moved mars over to your other side and since mattsun's arm was over your shoulders she was still able to play with his hand.

makki and kentaro were leaning against the wall and watching mattsun look down at you while you signed his cast with a fond smile. even with most of his attention on you, he still made sure to play with mars.

"they're like a little family." makki whispered.

"if only they would hurry the fuck up and get together." kentaro said and stuck his hands into his sweatpants pockets.

"hey, mattsun's been working on it." makki defended his best friend and crossed his eyes. "he's been openly flirting for your information."

"does my sister flirt back?"

"a good amount, yes. i was actually going to ask her what she thinks about him tonight." makki had a whole plan laid out in his mind.

"you're telling me she hasn't told you if she caught feelings? wouldn't she tell you if she did?" kentaro turned to look at makki with his eyebrows raised.

what the two of them didn't know was that y/n had only told one person about her feelings towards her best friend. and that one person was iwaizumi hajime.

"tell me." iwaizumi had his computer perched on his desk while his feet were propped next to them. he leaned back on the back two legs on his chair and looked at his friend's face. "you do have something to tell me don't you?"

you decided to just rip the bandage off. "i like mattsun." iwaizumi's chair fell back on all fours while his jaw dropped.

"you what?"

after that it was an hour talk about iwaizumi asking questions continuously and you answering.

"all done." you closed the cap on the marker and let mars back down on the floor. "i added a smiley face and hearts and stars everywhere."

"very decorative." mattsun looked over your name and doodles. your signature wasn't as big as makki's signature and there was still places for other poeple to sign like mai or iwaizumi if he came back before he gets his cast off. probably not but you or makki would probably make iwaizumi write a message so you guys could write it on his cast.