47 - you

you and mattsun had fallen asleep on the floor. he pulled down the clean blanket and pillows so you wouldn't be uncomfortable but you used him as a pillow and gave him the pillow instead.

he woke up and found your head on his chest and your arms and legs tangled up with his. the blanket was covering your body and half of his.

in the middle of the night, he woke up and noticed that you only had a little bit of the blanket on you so he shifted it so you were completely covered.

his hand rubbed your back and he just wanted to stay on the floor with you forever. this was the most relaxed he's been in ages.

but there was only a matter of time before his mom and sister would get home so he decided it would be a good idea to clean up before they did.

very carefully, he untangled himself from you and got up. he striped the bed until it was just the mattress and went to put it in the wash. when he was in the bathroom, he set out a new toothbrush for you while he brushed his teeth.

once he was done with that, he went back upstairs and saw that you had cocooned yourself in the blanket. he leaned down, picked you up with the blanket, and lowered you back on the bed.

his fingers ran down your cheek before he pulled away, but before he could, your hand caught onto his. he watched you blink a few times and look up at him.

"go back to sleep." he said and pulled his hand away.

"where are you going?" you mumbled and tried to reach for him again. you ended slapping the air and his stomach before giving up and leaving your hand on his stomach.

"going to give my mom and sister my amazing door opening." he answered and kissed your forehead. "just go back to sleep."

"but sleep isn't as good without you here." you whined and rolled over. mattsun looked down at you with a soft smile before kissing your forehead again twice.

he wondered when was the right time it would be to say i love you because right now the words were hanging off the tip of his tongue.

"you're adorable." he handed you a pillow and let you hug onto that. "i'll be downstairs."

"okay.."

he took one more look at you wrapped in his blanket before going downstairs. he grabbed mai's favorite bowl that she's had for years and refused to eat without.

it had little bumblebees on it and her name was painted on it. something so simple but something she was so attached to.

after he retrieved the bowl, he poured her favorite cereal into the bowl and didn't put any milk in it for two reasons. one, the cereal would get soggy. two, she eats her cereal without milk on some days and with milk on others.

he also got his mom's usual breakfast meal which was a breakfast sandwich.

when the sound of the car doors closing appeared from outside, he walked to the front door and opened it.

"issei!" mai shouted and ran up to her brother. hers arms wrapped around his waist and she looked up at him. "is your pretty girlfriend here?"

"hey, and yes she is. how was the night as the hospital?" he ruffled her hair that had loose strands coming out from the loose ponytail she wore.

"horrible!" she groaned and walked into the house. "i missed my bed and my teddy bear." another attachment she had, the purple teddy bear she had since she was three. "where's your pretty girlfriend?"

"my pretty girl is upstairs, sleeping." mattsun picked up his sister when she was about to sprint up the stairs. "she's sleeping. let her sleep."