41 - christmas eve

"it's your first date." makki said while grabbing your lipstick. "you should be excited." he handed it to you while you looked through your phone, waiting for a text from mattsun.

"i am excited." you said while taking the lipstick from him. "i'm so excited that i'm nervous."

"you know he'll lo-like you no matter what you'll look like tonight and how nervous you are." makki stood behind you while placing his hands on your shoulders.

"i know, i know." you dropped the lipstick into your purse. "what time is it?"

"5:25."

"fuck." you rushed downstairs with makki right behind you. kentaro already had the front door open with mattsun leaning against the doorway. "sorry i'm late."

"that's exactly why i said 5:20 and not 5:30." his eyes looked over your body before stopping on your face. his tongue was poking against the inside of his cheek in amusement when he saw your jaw dropped.

"i'm not always late."

"you are." kentaro said before walking off.

"am not."

"whatever helped you sleep at night." he pulled you towards him and placed a kiss on your lips. every time he kissed you he felt like the second he pulled away he would wake up and it would all be a dream. "you look gorgeous."

"you do too." your eyes wandered to his outfit which was a button up shirt and matching dress pants. his hair was normal and not styled but you liked it that way.

"we should go. we wanna make it back before these guys start christmas eve things without us." mattsun looked over your shoulder to your brother and makki.

"have her home by nine." kentaro called out before you shut the door.

"nine-ten at the latest!" makki added.

"looks like we have a curfew." mattsun said while opening the car door for you. "shame, i was planning on taking my time with things."

"you have a good three hours and thirty minutes." you turned your body towards him when he got inside. you had to drive since he had a cast on, but he hadn't told you where to go.

"there's never enough time when it comes to you, but i can work with three hours and thirty minutes for our first date."

he waited four years for this moment. he wasn't going to let a stupid curfew set by your brother ruin it. but he was definitely getting you back home by nine.

"are you going to tell me where i'm driving to or are we going to get lost and find the first place we thinks looks cool?" you asked while backing out of the driveway.

"now that you say that, the second option doesn't sound so bad." he said while pulling out his phone. "but i have things planned so that's going to have to wait until another date."

he had a whole list of possible dates to take you on and he was planning on going on all of them with you. his own bucket list but with dates instead of things to do.

"turn right here." he instructed and you looked over at him before looking back at the road. "you're gonna miss the turn if you keep looking at me."

"i won't mind." you turned right and waited for his next direction. "you look really pretty. pretty? handsome, beautiful, whatever. all of the adjectives that mean pretty."

"you think i'm pretty." mattsun had a smile stuck on his face while he leaned the back of his head against the car seat back kept it tilted in your direction.