22 - poor you

"at least if we get suspended we'll all get suspended together." makki said cheerfully. you five were all now walking to your house after you were a good distance from the school.

"if anyone gets suspended it's me." you bought up. "i was the only one who was really in a fight and didn't just throw a punch."

"the principal doesn't know that does he? maybe oikawa broke his nose. good enough suspension for me." mattsun shrugged.

"let's spend the last moments of us not being yelled at by our dear parents together." you said and unlocked the front door to the house. everyone walked inside and put their bags down in the hallway.

mars perked up and let out a small purr when she saw you and kentaro.

"marley mars makki!" makki exclaimed and ran over to the cat who jumped off the couch and walked over to kentaro.

"kentaro get in here so i can bandage your bloody knuckles!" you shouted.

"i'm fine!"

"get in here!"

"i said i'm fine! i'll do it myself!"

"fine!" you threw the ice pack at mattsun who looked at it weirdly.

"what am i supposed to do with this?"

"neck." you answered referring to where you had elbowed him.

"then let me clean up your scratches." mattsun said when he saw you stand in front of the mirror in the hallway.

"it's fine. i got it."

mattsun only dragged you to sit on the counter and handed you the ice pack. "you kyotani's sure are stubborn."

"you're talking to the daughter of parents who are too stubborn to get a goddamn divorce."

"what the fuck did she do to your lip?" mattsun asked and tilted your head up.

"i don't really know honestly. she had these long nails though. and the tips of it were pointy like she was prepared for this fight! can you believe that?" you complained.

"well she looked worse than you do." mattsun regretted his words after they came out of his mouth.

"are you saying a look bad?" you gasped and glared at him.

"no." mattsun nervously brushed his thumb over your lip to see if there was any blood left.

"i'm only kidding. i know she looks worse." you raised the ice pack to mattsun's neck and put it above the bruise.

"what are you doing?" mattsun shivered at the coldness against his skin.

"well you're helping me so i thought that this was fair." you said and smiled up at him.

"oh." mattsun hoped that you couldn't feel his pulse from where your hand was holding the ice pack. "okay."

"aw look at the two lovebirds." makki said and looked over the top of the couch. iwaizumi also looked to the kitchen and kentaro glanced up.

you were sitting on the counter with your legs crossed while holding an ice pack to mattsun's neck while he was seeing how bad your scratches were.

every now and then mattsun's eyes moved away from the scratches to look at you while you were talking.

you were too busy talking to notice the specific way mattsun was looking at you. like you were the only thing that mattered.

"you reckon she's gonna find out about his feelings?" iwaizumi asked.