e: iwaizumi and makki

"mom!" you barged through the door of your childhood home and immediately went on a search for mars before you looked for your own mom.

"your favorite son-in-law is here!" mattsun announced, coming through the door right after you with a bouquet of flowers for the mother-in-law.

"you're the only son-in-law." kentaro walked through the door next and he went to go find his mother unlike you while you were still looking for mars.

"i think i would be a pretty good son-in-law." makki was eating from a box of chicken nuggets that he made mattsun stop and get.

"says the guy who pestered mattsun to stop at mcdonalds." iwaizumi was last through the door and his eyes were down on his phone, captivated in whatever was on his screen.

"you're here!" your mom walked downstairs and opened her arms out to all of you. you had found mars and scooped her up in your arms while your mom dragged you in a hug. "all you of! just like your high school days."

she had the five of you in her embrace and was started to tear up a little. "i blink and you're suddenly old, married, dating, and successful. no longer the kids who were secretly in love, troublemakers, or young anymore."

"thanks for calling us old." you said but hugged your mom back. mattsun was behind you and he had his arm around both of your shoulders before handing your mom the flowers.

"come, come, i wanted to make you all dinner, but you got here so early." she pushed you all into the kitchen and quickly found a vase for mattsun's flowers. "so, how are all of you? update me on our lives? makki, go."

"um. lemme think. i'll go last."

"iwaizumi, how's that girl of yours?" iwaizumi looked up from his phone with a smile on his lips at the mention of his girlfriend.

"she's great. she's getting more people requesting her for photoshoots and weddings than ever." he said proudly. "she's really good. i'm good too."

"that's wonderful! i always knew you two were an adorable couple." your mom began pulling ingredients out of the fridge.

"i think i like her more than i like iwaizumi." you confessed and looked through the cupboards for a small snack. "she's so nice."

"she is." iwaizumi agreed, not even caring that one of his oldest and best friends preferred his girlfriend over him.

"i know she is. now, next. mattsun."

"life is great. i got the perfect wife." he picked up your hand and kissed the back of it when you walked past him. "good apartment, steady job, best friends, the most wonderful mother-in-law. life is amazing."

"that is so sweet." your mom sighed happily. "i always knew you were perfect for my daughter when she bought you home. kentaro."

"i'm good." he answered. "volleyball is cool."

"amazing." she squeezed his shoulder and gave him a side hug before grabbing pots and pans. "y/n."

"everything mattsun said applies to me. perfect husband." you went back to your husband and wrapped your arms around one of his. "that's basically it." mattsun smiled and then lowered his chin on top of your head.

"you two are so adorable it makes me want to cry." you smiled at her words and looked down at your hands, specifically where your wedding rings were. "back to you makki."

"i have pets." he decided to go with. "cats and dogs. i'm very content with my life." he nodded to himself.

"very good for you." your mom patted his shoulder before handing him potatoes. "now start peeling those for me."