7 - finding nemo

"bye saki!" oikawa called and stood in front of masaki's house. he waited until she was inside her house before leaving.

oikawa looked to his side, expecting to see you there but you weren't. he turned around and saw you on the sidewalk.

you were there kicking a rock that you've been kicking since masaki and oikawa started a conversation.

"ready to go?" he asked and moved your backpack further up his shoulder.

"yeah."

"so how has your day been?" he asked and took a hold of your hand.

"it's been good." you smiled and looked up at him.

"that's great to hear. do you need any help with your school work?"

"nope. got it all under control." you patted the bag that was on oikawa's shoulder.

"clearly." oikawa said and looked at your bag.

"I'm just trying not to fail third year." you shrugged.

"I'm pretty sure you're going to pass." oikawa assured you and walked you up to the front of your house.

"i didn't know I lived so close to masaki." you said and opened the front door.

"neither did I." oikawa looked over his shoulder back at the direction where masaki's house was before leaned down to kiss you.

"you wanna stay the night? we can watch a movie." you asked when he pulled back.

"I'm gonna have a pass. another night?" he handed your bag over to you and you gave him his back.

"okay."

"goodnight. love you." he pressed another kiss against your lips before turning to leave.

"love you too." you said and watched him leave.

"hey." kentaro mumbled when he was on the way back up to his room. he had a water bottle in his hand and was loosening the cap.

"hi."

his eyes traveled down to the bag that was on the floor. "why do you have so many books?"

"studying."

"you study?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"no, I look at the pages and hope that some information gets saved in my brain. you admitted.

"yeah that sounds more like you." he nodded.

"why thank you."

"need help?" he asked when he saw you lifting the bag.

"yes," you left the bag and walked up the stairs.

kentaro was just behind you with your bag. "can I get paid for this?" he asked hopefully.

"ill give you a penny." you opened the door to your room and dug through your drawer until you found a coin. "oh look a dime. here."

"thanks." kentaro took the coin and walked out of your room.

"are you that desperate for money?" you called out.

"no!"

you opened your bag and began taking the books out. you placed them all in a while on your desk and glared at them.

who even needs this stuff later in life?

your phone lit up and you glanced at it.

oikawa: just realized I should've bought your bag upstairs