11 - knock on wood

"my textbook!" you had found your textbook and showed it to oikawa. "maybe i can cram before the exam. heh, that rhymed."

"did you drink too much sugar or something?" oikawa asked and stared at you and your unusual burst of energy.

"no." you hugged the book to your chest and turned around to see makki and mattsun there. "hi!"

"hello hello." makki placed his hand on your head and looked at the book.

"hey." mattsun pulled your textbook back a little to read the title.

"did you guys study last night?" you asked and waved at iwaizumi who was approaching.

"nope." mattsun stretched his arms behind his head and leaned back a little. "we accepted our fate."

"you guys should study with me." you offered.

"then we wouldn't get anything done, idiot." mattsun said.

"fine, i'll pass the exam and you'll fail." you turned and walked over to oikawa.

"watch it be the other way around." makki said to mattsun and turned his head to look at iwaizumi when he stopped next to makki.

"if anyone fails, it's definitely you two." iwaizumi offered his other cup of coffee to you and you took it.

"exactly. see? he gets it." you said and looked at makki.

"you're failing with us, i don't make the rules."

"she's not gonna fail." oikawa poked the side of your head.

"you jinxed it!" mattsun gasped and turned oikawa around.

"quick! knock on wood!" you realized what mattsun was saying and raised oikawa's fist for him.

"no, let her fail." makki leaned against the wall and got smacked in the head by iwaizumi.

"knock on wood!" mattsun hurried oikawa.

"okay okay." oikawa knocked his fist against the wall.

"why'd you just knock on the wall?" everyone turned to look at the new addition to the conversation.

"nothing." makki cleared his throat and stopped leaning on the wall.

"oh. i could hear him all the way across the hall." masaki nodded over at mattsun.

"that means your ears are working." mattsun opened his backpack and started searching for something that wasn't there to avoid talking to masaki.

"obviously." masaki refrained from rolling her eyes at him and turned to you and oikawa with a smile. "how was your night?"

you raised your eyebrows at her and then at oikawa. "oh, i forgot the coffee." you interrupted and placed your hand in oikawa's. "come with me?"

"yeah sure." oikawa raised his hand in a bye before leaving with you.

masaki placed her hands on her hips while you two walked away. "how long have they been dating?"

the three guys looked at each other before iwaizumi answered. "you're his childhood friend, shouldn't you know?"

"i haven't seen him in a while. just recently saw and caught up again. besides i tried asking her, but she never answered." masaki said and opened her phone. "so. how long?"

"why don't you just ask one of them?" mattsun asked, knowing that if you wanted masaki to know then you would've told her already.

"didn't you hear? she won't tell me." this time she actually did roll her eyes.

"then we're not." makki shrugged and started walking away.

masaki took a step to follow after them, but then rethought it and walked in the direction where you and oikawa went instead.

she walked up to the second floor and found you sitting at his desk in the classroom. before walking inside she quickly tugged her skirt up a little.

"hi! oh, y/n didn't see you there." masaki dropped her bag down on the seat next to where you were which was on oikawa's desk.

"yeah." you got off the desk and picked your backpack off the ground. "bell's gonna ring soon so i better get going."

"see you." oikawa said and you leaned down to kiss him quickly. masaki gave you a wave before you turned around and the second you left she started talking to oikawa.

"how long have you two been together?" she asked and opened her book at the same time so it seemed causal.

"since the middle or end of first year." oikawa answered.

"oh really? you never told me the times i went to visit you.." masaki said and looked away from him.

"hey? are you upset that i didn't tell you?" oikawa asked and made her look back at him. "i would've you if you wanted to ask."

"i thought you would've told me when i came to visit before second year." masaki sighed.

"come on. i used to tell you things before i told y/n about them." oikawa tried to make her less upset.

"and that's how it should be." masaki smiled and gave him a side hug.

over in your class mattsun was trying to color in a sticky note with pen when you came in.

you dropped your bag on the chair and sat down. "why are you always in a bad mood during first class?" mattsun asked without looking up.

"because it's morning." you answered and watched him fill in the sticky note with black ink.

"wanna finish it?" mattsun handed the sticky over to you.

"sure." you opened your bag and grabbed a washable marker instead.

then you stabbed the paper with the marker

"oh wow." mattsun stared at the huge dot on the paper. "that works too."

you continued stabbing and killing the marker until the ink got less inky.

"here you go." you handed the sticky back to him with a smile and took out your books.

mattsun was looking at you like you were insane. "keep it." he stuck it back onto your desk and pulled out another one.

"i don't want it."

"i don't care."

you stuck it onto his arm and slapped it for extra pressure. mattsun gave in and took the sticky note for himself.

"so. you wanna talk about it?" he asked.

"talk about?" you played clueless.

"masaki." mattsun side glanced at you to see what your reaction was.

you paused and stared at the wall ahead of you.

the answer was simple.

"no."

~~~
i dont know what i'm writing anymoreee
and no kat i'm not writing smut yet