46 - locked doors

"i don't understand." mattsun looked over to you and saw you holding the ice cream cone he got you on the way back to his house and staring at the paper he was working on earlier.

"yeah, i didn't either. your ice cream is melting." you quickly licked the ice cream that was about to drip off the cone. mattsun's eyes lingered on that movement for a second longer than usual.

"what are you even learning?"

"no clue." you let out an amused huff of air through your nose at his answer and continued reading. mattsun glanced over at you multiple times and made sure to also keep an eye on the road and not speed to repeat what happened at christmas.

he would hate himself if he ever got you hurt.

you returned his paper and noticed that he was only driving with one hand. so you did the reasonable thing. you reached for the unused hand and held it in yours.

mattsun looked back over to you and then down at his hand that was in yours. you noticed him looking this time and gave his hand a little shake.

"eyes on the road! you can't crash again!" you scolded and he followed your words, turning his eyes back to the front window.

"can i have some ice cream?" he asked.

"no."

"another crack in my heart." he sighed and turned into the neighborhood that his house was in. "we should've stopped by and got staples."

"stop distracting yourself from driving." you were more concerned about his driving than anything else at the moment.

"that's impossible. you're sitting right next to me. you're always distracting." mattsun's eyes drifted over to you once again and then he forced himself to look back at the road.

you let your guard slip and smiled over at him at his words when he took another look and caught your smile.

he focused on driving after that, having the satisfaction of getting your smile. you continued holding his hand and finished reading his paper. you held onto his paper and folded a small section at the corner of his paper.

when he parked his car in front of his house it was a race for the both of you to open each other's doors.

"you stay." you said and began to get out but mattsun quickly locked your door.

"no, you stay." he got out of the car and walked around to your door. he opened it up for you and held his hand out. "now you can get out."

"no thanks." you crossed your arms and stayed in your seat. "this seat is very comfy."

"come on." he moved his hand onto your shoulder and started to slide it down your arm and dropped onto your waist.

"no."

"please?"

"no."

"pretty please?"

"no."

"okay."

you looked over at him in confusion when he suddenly gave up. he kissed you the second you looked over at him and you uncrossed your arms to hold onto him.

but that kiss was just a distraction. he had an arm behind your back and then swept the other one behind your knees, picking you up bridal style.

"hey!" you leaned back away from the kiss but he chased after your lips. "i was supposed to-" he covered your mouth with his while walking to the front door.

"here, you can open this one." he stopped in front of the door and focused on covering your cheek with kisses while you leaned down to open the door.

"i wanted to open your door." you wrapped your arms around his neck while he shut the door with his foot.