Custody.

Cragen's POV.

I entered the squad to see Olivia sitting at my desk. I turned to John in confusion "how long has she been sitting there?" I asked and he shrugged.

"About three hours. She won't say anything to anyone, she only wants.to talk to you" he said so I.approached her and she stood up.

"My mom's gone. She's left to get married" she said and I looked at her confused. "She told me to give you this" she said handing me an envelope. I opened it and saw custody papers. I was her legal guardian? Inside was a little note.

Dear
Detective Cragen. I need you to take good care of Olivia. She's been through a lot. She's always wanted a father, I'm hoping you can give that to her. I messed up but I hope that if she lives with someone like you she won't end up the way I ended up.
-Serena.

I looked from the note to Olivia then back again. "Congrats looks like you're a father" Sarah said as she walked past.

"It's a girl" John said jokingly. I just glared at him before taking Olivia home. The car ride was long and silent. "Are you OK?" I asked and she simply nodded before she returned to looking out the window.

We arrived at my place and I parked the car. We walked up and I opened the door. Olivia just stood there taking it in. "Are you going to come in?" I asked and she stepped inside quickly.

"Sorry" she mumbled like she'd done something wrong. I walked down the hall and showed her to her room.

"I know it's not much now but maybe you could come up with a design for it or something" I suggested.

"Wow it's huge" she whispered. I was shocked since in actual fact it's the smallest room in the apartment. Then again this is the largest apartment they have in the building, so it's big compared to what she's used to.

"OK well I'll leave you get settled" I said walking out to give her privacy.

Olivia's POV.

Wow. This place is gigantic. When he said apartment I expect two small bedrooms a bathroom, a kitchen and a tiny living room, not this. I have my own bathroom and a walk-in wardrobe. I sat on my bed and just breathed taking it all in. I dunno how he's so rich but wow. Just wow. This was my new life.

My thoughts were interrupted by a text from El. Hey Liv was wondering if we could meet up? I replied almost immediately. Sure just give me an hour. I said and he agreed. I walked into the sitting room where Don was watching TV. "Is it OK if I go out later?" I asked.

"Sure"

"It'll only be an hour and - wait what?" I asked confused.

"You can go. Just be back before dark and keep.your phone with you" he said and I nodded. I hurriedly rushed out the door and made my way to the park. It took me awhile to find my way but I wasn't that far so I got there in time. I saw El at a bench so I ran towards him. "Hey is everything OK?" I asked him breathlessly.

"My mom's been committed again" he said shakily.

"Again?" I asked.

"Yeah. Last time she shot at me and my dad and this time she tried to kill herself" he said looking down.

"Oh. I'm so sorry" I said in shock.

"I'm only telling you this because... I might be moving to be closer to her"

"What when?"

"I dunno I just heard my dad talk about it on the phone" he said and now I felt like my heart broke into a tiny million pieces. I took his hand in mine before kissing him softly.

"I'm gonna miss you" I whispered.

"I'm gonna miss you too" he whispered back before kissing me again.

We walked around the park and talked for awhile. We stopped when I noticed Amanda running. "Hey El look" I said pointing to Amanda. We ran to catch up to her. "Why're you running?" I asked breathlessly. But then I saw that look on her face, I know that look anywhere, I've had that look. "Amanda were you raped?" I asked and she looked down.

"What happened?" Elliot asked softly.

"My dad was drunk. H-he lost a l-lot of money on a bet. M-my mom w-was taking Kim to the doctor so it was just the two of us. He started acting weird and he tried to-to rape me"

"But he didn't?" I asked.

"N-no. But it scared me. I've never seen him act like that ever" she said hysterically. That's when I noticed her nose was bleeding.

"Did he hit you?" I asked softly and she nodded.

"Come on let's get you help" I said but she fell. Elliot and I helped her up and let her lean on us as she walked.

We got to Don's place and I knocked on the door hurriedly. "Coming!" he called. He opened the door and a look of shock crossed his face as he saw us. "Olivia? What happened?" he asked and I looked to Amanda for permission and she shook her head hurriedly.

"We were in the park and she fell, it was a really bad fall" I lied and she nodded.

"I'll get the first aid kit" he said rushing off and we helped Amanda gently sit down on the couch. Don returned with the kit and quickly bandaged up her nose. "Do you want me to call your parents?" he asked but she quickly shook her head.

"Can she stay here tonight? She can call her parents off my phone" I lied and he nodded surprisingly. El and I helped her up.and we all went to my room

"You should tell him. Believe me it's better if you do" I said and she shook her head.

"No" she said and I sighed.

"I know I can't make you but can you just sleep on it?" I asked. She nodded and I then turned to Elliot. "Thanks El" I said before kissing him softly. I walked him to the door and Don smiled once he'd left.

"Is he your boyfriend?" he asked.

"No" I said blushing and he just laughed.

"Of course not" he said sarcastically as I returned to Amanda. I was so worried that she might be raped. It scared me. I just hoped she'd change her mind and report it before it's too late.

Hope you liked! More is coming! Thanks for the ideas!