He's Innocent

Olivia's POV.

I woke up in hospital and I saw Don sitting there looking teary eyed. "What happened?" I asked.

"Elliot shot you" he said quietly and I shook my head.

"No! You're lying!" I yelled tearily.

"Liv he already told us" he said and I shuddered as the flashbacks started flooding back.

"No. He tried to shoot himself I tried to stop him it was an accident!" I protested and he raised an eyebrow.

"Why?"

"Because.. He was upset about Maureen and I told him I loved him and he said he loved me too and he got up and went into your room. I was confused at first but then I realised that he was going to kill himself. I-I begged him not to but he-he said he was sorry and then he was g-gonna pull the trigger but I pushed him and it went off and he shot me. He tried to stop the bleeding but there was so much blood. Then Ella walked in and saw and she ran and called 911"  I said desperately.

"Well.... It sounds legit but I'll have to talk to the guys over at homicide and IAB" he said and I nodded.

"Dad? Will he be arrested?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I won't let him. They'll have to get through me first" he said as he walked out. "Oh and Liv?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"I love you"

"I love you too"

Elliot's POV.

I was stuck in some dingy interrogation room and all I could think about was Olivia. Was she OK? Was Ella OK? What happens now?

A detective walked in looking like he could kill me. "Why'd you try and kill her?" he asked me.

"I didn't!" I yelled tearily.

"Look I get it. You're a young parent, it's stressful you're doing your best"

"No!"

"But she doesn't appreciate that right?"

"Liv appreciates me! She loves me!"

"But you don't love her?"

"I love her more than anything!"

"Maybe she slept with someone else? Then it made you wonder. How could she do this to you. Right?"

"No. She slept with Nick a year ago but she was drugged so technically it was rape and she felt so bad she cut herself and I got another girl pregnant and they were both kidnapped by my father but even after he raped her Olivia still loved me. She doesn't care who he was she just cares who I am I would die for her but I would never kill her. Anyone who knows me knows she is my life, she's all I think about. You could be talking about anything and the slightest word could remind me of her"

"What about attempted murder?"

"Well my dad did try to kill her but Don stopped him" I said ignoring what he was trying to do. He seemed frustrated and left so I just sat and waited. For something, anything to happen.

Don's POV.

After I cleared things up, Elliot was free to go they just wanted to hold him for a bit to get his statement. I was fine with that and I decided that I'd go sign Olivia out of the hospital. When I got there I saw two ACS workers walking Olivia to the door.

"No please" she said in tears.

"You can't do this" I said angrily.

"Her mother wants custody and since she's 16 she has no say" one said.

"Here's the papers" the other chimed in. I took them and realised the huge mistake they had made.

"Serena waived her parental rights and so has Joe.  In the eyes of the law I'm Olivia's father and there's nothing you can do" I explained and they looked to one another. Olivia ran to me and hugged me tightly.

"Thank you" she whispered and we left.

We headed to Sarah's so we could collect Ella and then we headed to pick Elliot up from the station.

Elliot's POV.

Olivia ran into my arms, being careful not to hurt her shoulder. I took her in my arms and kissed her softly. "I'm so glad you're OK" she said kissing me softly.

"And I'm glad you're OK... I thought I'd lost you" I whispered kissing her once again.

"I wasn't going anywhere" she smiled holding me closer.

"I love you" I whispered.

"I love you too" she whispered back. I took her by the hand and held Ella with the other. We all walked out of the station together, then I realised, we're not kids anymore. This is real life. Not highschool and it was just beginning....

Hope you liked. I'll post a chapter about the sequel once I publish it. :P