Chapter 3 Comfort

Olivia's POV.

I got out of detention and went to the park to meet up with El. He was already there sitting on a bench I approached him hurriedly tears in my eyes. "What happened?" Elliot asked.

"I'm sorry" I said trying to avoid the question. I sat next to him and neither of us talked for a few minutes. "Can I ask you something?" I asked and he nodded. "Why didn't you do your science project we had two weeks to hand it in" I asked desperately trying to completely change topic.

"I did"

"But-"

"I did it but I didn't hand it in" he said and now I was confused why do the project and not hand it in.

"But why do all that for nothing?" I asked and I could tell I hit a nerve by the way her looked at me. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you" I said and he nodded quietly.

"You hungry?" he asked breaking the awkwardness.

"No I'm fine thanks" I said.

"You sure?" he asked and I nodded. The truth was I hadn't eaten all day and I wasn't planning to. I didn't wanna tell Elliot what actually happened to me, I just don't think he could ever understand what it's like.
Elliot's POV.

I knew something was wrong I could tell by the way she looked at me, I couldn't help but wonder if she knew what it felt like, I know I couldn't just ask her, she'd never openly tell me, I knew it was time for me to speak up. "Liv can I tell you somethin" I said and she nodded.

"Yeah anything" she said looking concerned.

"OK well that science project... I messed it up and my dad wasn't exactly thrilled so... when I came home with an F he..." I couldn't finish.

"Did he hurt you" she said softly and I nodded, she looked down. "I know what it feels like" she mumbled and I knew my suspensions were confirmed.

"Does she hit you too?" I asked quietly.

"Sometimes but it's mostly her boyfriends"

"Boyfriends?"

"Yeah she gets... Lonely"

"But she's got you"

"No she's got a mistake she should've aborted 13 years ago" she said shakily, I could tell it was a touchy subject for her too.

"Why? What about your dad?" I asked and I definitely hit a nerve because the conversation was cut short.

"I'm sorry I can't talk about this I gotta get home before my mom" she said standing up and rushing away from the bench.

"Liv wait I'm sorry I didn't mean to-" I was stopped mid-sentence because she kissed me.

"I know" she said when she pulled away. I just stared in total confusion she just kissed me and all I can say is wow. We stood there awkwardly for a few seconds before kissing again but for longer this time. "OK I really have to go now" she said hurriedly.

"I'll walk you home" I said and she nodded taking my hand as we walked off.

"My dad's a rapist" she said breaking the silence. When I heard this I was shocked but I didn't wanna seem too shocked.

"Oh"

"Yeah I know, you must think I'm weird"

"No why would I think that? you're beautiful, smart, funny and who cares about who he was, you're your own person" I said and she smiled.