33

Your touch was my survival.

                                                      - Perry Poetry
-

"You're fucking with me." Aris stated in disbelief. "You're not team Gale. I won't allow you to be."

Edward wheezed a hearty laugh at her reaction.

"You won't allow me to be?"

"No! Absolutely not." She exclaimed, standing up in irritation. "This is practically a crime, Edward Cullen. No sane person is ever team Gale. It's always ten year olds, or people who are mentally checked out."

They had just spent the afternoon binging The Hunger Games series, and Aris was now beside herself upon finding out that Edward was team Gale.

"Aris, it's just a movie-"

"No, no, no. Don't give me that shit." She cut him off, poking a finger at his chest. "Why on earth are you team Gale? Give me one redeeming quality of his."

Edward shook his head, laughing under his breath at how worked up she was over this.

"Gale never hurt Katniss. Peeta on the other hand, choked her so hard that she couldn't talk for weeks." He stated simply, causing Aris to roll her eyes.

"Because he was brainwashed you twat. It wasn't his fault!"

"It doesn't matter. The fact that he put his hands on her in the first place automatically makes Gale better for her, even though he was pretty annoying throughout the movies." He argued calmly, nowhere near as distraught over this as Aris was.

"Edward, Gale fucking killed her little sister, and he was a clingy bastard throughout the whole series." She contested. "He didn't even give her room to breathe when she got home from the games. He didn't care about her mental stability, or her well being. All he cared about was trying to guilt trip her into being in love with him, when she clearly stated that she wasn't in the right headspace for that." She plopped back down on the couch, looking at Edward with eyes that were just begging him to understand her point of view.

"Okay, I'll give you that. Up until he practically choked her to death, Peeta definitely was the better option. After he laid his hands on her though, that was it for me." He shrugged.

"It wasn't his fault!" Aris whined irritatedly again.

"Aris, for you it's easy to play the devil's advocate because the main character is a female. For me, that's the exact reason why I can't defend Peeta." He explained, causing her to look at him confused. "I just imagine one of my sisters being in Katniss's situation, or even you, and then it's impossible for me to defend someone who laid hands on her, no matter what the circumstances were."

Aris groaned, realizing that she'd get nowhere in this conversation with them both being insanely stubborn people.

"Whatever Edward. Just know, I've lost a lot of respect for you now." She feigned a serious tone, though it was obvious that she was joking as a smile threatened to break through the small pout on her lips.

Aris sneaked a glance to her left out the window, noticing how it was pitch black now. As if on cue, a yawn escaped her lips and her eyelids drooped, Edward immediately catching notice of this and assuming that she'd probably want to go to sleep soon.

"Edward?" She caught his attention, causing him to turn to her. "Totally feel free to say no, but I noticed last night that I slept a lot better when I was in your arms. I mean this completely platonically, and not as anything more, but is there any way I could sleep in your arms again?" She asked softly, rushing to explain that she didn't mean it as anything more than simply just wanting another good night's sleep.