48

It seemed so perfect, but ended so soon.
                                                             - d.j.
-

"Did you complete the task, Osiris?" Aro asked, though he already knew the answer from the defeated look on Osiris's face as he stood before them.

"No, but I've formed a plan-"

"Of course you didn't. He's a failure, Aro. I told you he's a waste-"

"Please Jane, let him speak," Aro cut her off with a wave of his hand. "I'd like to hear this little plan."

Osiris sighed gratefully, ignoring the piercing daggers being shot at him from Jane's scorching red eyes. At least she wasn't hungry. "It turns out the iridescent I was sent to recruit also happens to be fairly close with the Cullen's."

Aro gasped excitedly, clasping his hands together. "Ah, the Cullen's," he hummed, a faraway look in his eyes. "How I'd love the chance to speak with Alice and Edward. They would make quite the addition to us, don't you think?"

Osiris nodded. "However, that proved to be unfortunate in this case. It turns out that Aris and Edward had formed a special bond. Edward got to me just in time to save her," he lied, obviously not about to tell the truth of how he had given Aris and ultimatum, and truly didn't want to kill her at the time. "Clearly he did some damage," he motioned to the scars covering his face and body. It truly did look like he was torn apart and put back together like a puzzle, "and I'd be dead right now if it wasn't for their stupidity. They tore me apart, but didn't think to burn the pieces."

"So what is your plan, Osiris? We didn't ask for a life story," Caius spat, to which Aro sent him a threatening glare.

"I propose that we divide and conquer," Osiris said. "Send everyone after Edward, and me after Aris. Alice will foresee that you all are coming for him, and he will insist that they go as far away from Aris as possible for her own safety. Alice can't see me, so she won't see that I went for Aris, and she can't see Aris's future anyways. Just to be sure though, I'll go a bit after you all start chasing Edward and his family," he explained his plan slowly and carefully, watching their expressions which remained placid. Aro, Marcus, Caius, Jane, Alec, and Felix all exchanged looks, not thinking about it for more than a minute at most.

"I have to admit, it does sound quite entertaining to chase down the Cullen's," Aro smirked. "If we do happen to catch them, like I said before, I'd love to recruit Alice and Edward. As for the iridescent girl, are you certain you can take her? What if they leave one of the Cullen's to protect her?"

Osiris shook his head. "They won't. Edward will insist that they all leave her so they don't bring us to her. As for Aris, getting her here won't be a problem. Trust me," he said.

Aro stood up from his throne, descending the steps towards Osiris where he placed his hands on Osiris's shoulders, leaning into his ear. "Make no mistake, Osiris. The only reason you're blood isn't spilled across our floors right now is because I am bored, and your plan appeals to me," he whispered. "Fail me again, and you're good as dead to me."

Osiris gulped, nodding. "I won't fail you, I promise."

"You better not," Aro said, then turning around and facing the rest of them. "We leave tomorrow."

-

A/N: lol shortest chapter eva but... surprise?