43

A/N: This is the closest representation I could make of how I picture her in my head because some of you all were curious. Obviously it's going to vary person to person, so just continue to picture her however you'd like.

-

It's crazy how one person can make you feel a thousand different ways.

                                                   - Michael Bliss
-

Things were finally looking up for the first time in awhile.

Aris and Edward had told both of their families about everything that had happened with Osiris and the nightmares and such - minus the part about Aris almost killing Edward. They told them all how they'd need to be on the lookout during the upcoming months for any possible visits from Volturi members, but so far no one had made an appearance.

Aris was sleeping peacefully at night for the first time in months, and to say it was a nice change would be an understatement. Her chest felt pounds lighter now that it was finally alleviated from the previous heavy burdens that it had been carrying, and that alone allowed her to finally have the peace of mind that she had missed so dearly. The difference between her journal entries when she first got her notebook and now was tremendous. Going back and reading them felt like reading an entirely different person's diary. Her journal entries now were full of nothing but good experiences and news, as well as the happy feelings that inflated her body now that she and Edward were no longer pushing away their feelings for one another.

Her constant contentment rippled onto Edward any time he was around her, and he too was also feeling a constant peacefulness, since he could now finally relax, knowing that Aris wasn't in any danger for the moment. He was also of course ecstatic that he no longer had to bury his feelings for her, because that task alone was tiresome.

Though they were no longer pushing away their feelings any more, they were still cautious. They stuck to their agreement that they would not put a label to their 'relationship' for the moment, and they would continue to work on building their friendship until they were confident that something more could work. This meant constant communication, which could get tedious at times, but it really was helpful overall. They promised always to make sure to voice how the were feeling, whether they were feeling like certain things between them weren't going well, whether or not they felt as if they should slow down, and just overall making sure to be open with each other about everything in their lives, aside from just their feelings towards their relationship.

They had done a fairly good job at hiding their 'relationship' from their family and friends, but it was getting difficult. Alice and Rosalie knew that something was up the day that they had seen Aris after she and Edward shared their first kiss, but she just told them that the reason she was in such a good mood simply had to do with the fact that Osiris was dead, and everything was finally okay. That excuse didn't last for long though, as Jasper had shared with Alice how any time he was even within thirty yards of Edward and Aris at once, he could sense the growing lust emitting from Edward, and though he couldn't feel Aris's emotions, it was just obvious through her eyes that had recently started to look at Edward with much more adoration than they used to.

Alice had of course pulled the card of "I'm your best friend, you have to tell me!", but Aris didn't budge, having already promised Edward that they would keep whatever was blossoming between them private, at least until they made it official. Though it partially had to do with the fact that he was just a pretty private man, not wanting their business to be shared with their families just yet, Edward mainly set this rule because he knew Alice, and he also knew Emmett, which meant that he knew them well enough to know that they would do everything in their power to nudge themselves into their relationship, pushing Aris and him together, and rushing them to go a faster pace. He knew that Alice and Emmet would go nuts, Alice already planning a wedding, and Emmet just ecstatic at the thought of having Aris finally be considered his family. It would be devastating not only for Edward and Aris, but for his family as well if things didn't work out between them.