𝐒𝗺𝗼𝐤𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 ✵ 𝐒𝐡𝗼𝐤𝗼 𝐈𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐢

Warning/Disclaimer: might be a bit OOC + slight manga spoilers + mention of death + smoking

Shoko was used to Y/N's nightly breaks. After placing soft kisses on the trail of the love bites that followed her curves, she left their bed to head to the balcony to get some air. At least that's what she claimed but the woman, growing colder as she was left alone, knew better.

When Shoko felt another shiver ran through her body, she got tired of waiting. She wrapped the blankets around her naked body and shuffled off to the outside where she knew her lover was breaking their promise.

As expected, Y/N was leaning on the railing on the balcony with the center of many of their conversations in hand. She pulled in a deep drag of her freshly lit cigarette, closing her eyes at the burn. "It's cold out there, you should have at least threw a shirt on" she whispered as she glanced at the approaching woman.

Shoko went to put Y/N under the blanket and placed her head on her back. "Didn't you say you would quit..." she mumbled, lips teasing the cold skin of her partner.

"You said the same thing" a whisper leaving her lips and her eyes never leaving the obscurity that settled on as the night just started. "You think I don't notice the scent of your little breaks when you come home"

Shoko couldn't deny the accusation. A simple chuckle of guiltiness was heard and she pulled Y/N to the only chair that fit onto the small balcony.

She knew that it was more than a wish to calm her nerve for Y/N. The smoking was to get the voices to stop claiming for her attention, to be able to ignore the old memories that kept creeping on her. She just wanted a break and sure, smoking wasn't the healthiest coping mechanism, but damn, was it effective.

Y/N allowed herself to be placed on the cushion and for Shoko to claim her lap. Staring at her tired face, she slipped "Give me a drag" Her hand went to take a hold on her wrist. However, just as she was about to lean down, the cigarette went back to its owner's lips.

"No" Y/N spoke "You've at least quit at home. I'm not letting you waste that effort."

Leaving her wrist for the side of her neck, Shoko went to gently caress the hickeys she had left for her girlfriend to display the next day. Her eyebrows went up and she mocked "You should focus on yourself"

"I am. My plan is to die before you so..." Y/N trailed off with a smirk before taking another deep drag.

"You're doing great then" Shoko plotted her head on her shoulder and breathed "You selfish bitch..."

Y/N's low chuckle filled the night. Years were passing and her mindset hadn't changed, she was still wishing to run away from her responsibility as a sorcerer. The constant death above her head was irritating. She thought about quitting and hide in another country but it was without counting on her encounter with that short-haired girl who gave her the first drag of many others.

They had turned around each other for all three of their high school years, only Y/N admitting her feeling at the departure of their old friends. She had seen an opportunity to leave and she did, at least she had tried.

"Selfish bitch" was all Shoko had to say at her farewell speech and that's all Y/N needed to stay.

The fear of death was still there but at least she had now a cigar in hand and a beautiful woman on her lap. That was good enough.

"Love" the nickname left Y/N mouth with another cloud of smoke "Let's just stay like that forever"

Shoko paused for a few seconds, her fingers hovering over her collarbone. Sighting, she shifted a bit before whispering "I ended up with such a stupid woman..." Y/N inhaled deeply the toxin, and just as she was about to exhale, lips plotted against hers stole the grey smoke "But if you shared that cigarette, I wouldn't mind"