𝐕𝗼𝐢𝐝 ✵ 𝐍𝐚𝗼𝐲𝐚 𝐙𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧

Warning/Disclaimer: MAJOR MANGA SPOILER + angst + blood

Notes: Today I'm not offering you any romance (though I put a sprinkle of it at the end) but I thought the scene was just too perfect to not try something. Sorry if it's longer than usual but I hope you'll still enjoy it.

As a woman, there was no point in questioning its place within the clan

Their development in different areas was not prohibited but there was always a limit not to be exceeded. A limit represented by that of men and imposed by them. With eyes fixed on the ground, rapid steps while respecting a certain distance, the woman followed the man. His back as her only vision, she could only curse her condition and survive as best she could.

At least that's what Naoya explained to him.

Certainly, some dared the unthinkable by defying the male gentry. But for what? The result was the same, their inferiority was unchanged. Even Maki, who had shown great strength following scrupulous training, had ended up leaving the estate in a cortege of mockery.

Y/N still remembered the day of her departure. Following the man to whom she had been married, she met the young woman on her way out. Her proud and determined gaze had crossed hers, like a call for her to realize her own situation.

A wasted talent that had simply been granted to the one whom her family considered to be the future leader's clan. Indeed, Y/N possessed a technique that allowed the recovery almost assured of any injury, whether it be her own or that of others.

She had long thought that the gift with which she had been born would allow her to make a difference, but it was without counting the fact she had also inherited the cowardice of her parents.

If theirs was translated by selling their child against a more distinctive place within the clan, that of Y/N could be observed each day in her fear of defying the persecutor with whom she shared her nights.

"It seems that many have already fallen. I guess it's time for me to make my entrance"

Sitting in the middle of the room, Y/N was slowly putting back her kimono while Naoya was already getting ready to leave their room. As usual, he had kept the others waiting but this time it was not out of care to irritate them but to know if the intruder who had attacked the estate was worth his time.

Approaching his wife, he stooped down while tilting her head up so that their lips would meet in a brief kiss. The woman's lips were motionless in front of that of the man's who had just marked his desire all over her delicate skin.

"You stay there and even if someone calls you to take care of them, you don't move until I come back," he ordered, his forehead pressed against hers and his hand around her neck.

Naoya waited until she nodded and satisfied with their exchange, stoled one last kiss before leaving the room.

Y/N's gaze thus remained on the door for a few minutes before a breeze on her uncovered body reminded her of her need to cover herself. She got up to ease her task when all of a sudden she heard the sound of an impact so close that she felt like it was coming from the next room.