𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐞 ✵ 𝐂𝐡𝗼𝐬𝗼

Warning/Disclaimer: angst 

Choso was insecure with love

The company of his siblings was the only one he had ever known and cared for, they had been the only ones he carried in his heart. But then he met Y/N and his heart didn't know anymore.

Their relationship began slowly and without real intention. The little squeeze of his heart at each meeting had become more and more difficult to ignore. But on the other hand, Choso had found himself creating a whole plan to just bump into her. Troubled by his own behavior, he had decided to confront the very cause of his problems.

"Do you like me, Choso?"

The centenary didn't know what to answer, so he let her explain. He let Y/N introduce him to this unknown emotion he thought he had control over. Where the love he bore for his brothers was natural and required no other motive than the blood they shared, the feeling he felt for this simple human was far more complex.

She was kind, caring and with a sense of humor he often didn't get but it was alright because he would still get to admire her beautiful smile. He could spend hours pointing at everything he loved about her yet when his brothers had asked him why was so special about her, Choso was at a loss of words, his mind rushing with answers and leaving him no time to articulate an actual sentence.

Choso was scared though, terrified even. The more he learned about love, the more doubts clouding his mind. Love was beautiful emotion but also a strong one. He was sure of the way his heart felt for the woman. He had no doubt about it. But what about her feelings towards him? Did she actually love him? Live actual love? Was there even anything to like about him?

He didn't want her in his life. He needed her and he couldn't bear the possibility of her leaving him.

"I'm back" shouted Y/N as she closed the front door. Since she got a promotion at her job, her shift had been longer resulting in brief visits at home that consisted mostly of her rushing to bed. Her job was eating her energy but also the attention she provided her boyfriend, something that had been adding to his insecurity.

Walking through the corridor to go find Choso, she was surprised to notice how dark their home was. None of the roller blinds seemed to have been touched since she left in the early morning and she had mistakenly thought that their home was having a power outage.

"Babe?" Peeking at the living room, Y/N was met with an empty couch. From where she stood, she took a moment to listen. No running water or anything to give her a hint to the possible localization of her boyfriend. "He might be asleep, it's pretty late" she mumbled to herself as she made her way to the bedroom.

The door cracked open and she immediately noticed the sitting figure on the end of their shared bed. "I thought you were already in bed" Y/N smiled, approaching the man to greet him. "What's up with the lack of light? Is being a vampire a new characteristic that I'm just finding out?" Her knee sank in the softness of the mattress when she leaned to place a kiss on his cheek.

However, Choso didn't seem to be in the mood for any of her affection as he backed away. "Is something wrong?"

"Where have you been?" His voice was hesitant, his eyes glued to the ground.

"Where? At work" responded Y/N, getting even more confused by his question. "Did something happened?" She took a sit on the bed and ran her hand on his shoulder.

Choso shut his eyes for a moment, enjoying the feeling of her touch. He thought about ignoring his questions but then the reality was starting to blend with his nightmares. The bubble he created to protect his heart from what he thought was the imminent end of their relationship was about to burst.

A nervous smile on her face, Y/N squeezed his arms "Come-"

"Where have you been?" Choso's voice boomed. He grabbed her wrist and turned to face her. His hair was disheveled and his eyes were filled with desperation.

"At work" she repeated, worried at the sight of his state, "I told you I would be staying late. Choso, talk to me. What happened?" her other hand moved to cup his cheek but he got up.

"It's every day. You stay late every day. Is it..." he bit his lips and pondered for a moment.

Getting up, Y/N was about to explain the reason for the lengthening of her shift but Choso seemed to have made up his mind.

"Is it because of him?"

"What are you talking about?" Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion and she took a step forward only for him to take a step back.

"Him. The man you're spending your day with" his grip on her tightened only to be gone completely when he noticed her hissed in pain. His hands ran through his hair. "The man you're talking with all day. The one you're smiling at all day. The one you're laughing with all day. T-the..." his voice cracked as tears bloomed in the corner of his eyes.

"Babe, I'm not following you. You need to tell what are you talking ab-"

"I followed you!" He cried, gripping his hair in frustration "You are never home. And even when you're here, it's always just a kiss and then you turn your back to me. I wanted to know so I followed you to your work..." the tears were now flowing down as he tried to lower his voice "And then I saw how happy you were. You were smiling so brightly at him..."

Y/N took another step towards him and as he didn't try to move away, she gently took his hands in her own. "Choso, that man is just my boss. I'm simply being polite"

His chest hurt and his vision was getting blurry. He closed his eyes and only focused on her words where he was trying to find an answer to a much bigger question. She continued to reassure him that the relationship with that man was purely professional and he listened that was until the word that had been torturing him was pronounced.

"... anyway you're the one I love. You know that, right? I love you" she gave him a small smile, trying to find his eyes.

"Do you?"

Taken aback by his accusing tone, Y/N licked her dry lips before reiterating. "Of course I do. I love you. If I didn't, I wouldn't be here. I would have left."

"Why haven't you then?" Choso let his head fall on her shoulder and he mumbled "You're just so perfect... You're wasting your time with me"

Y/N's heart broke at the realization. She had been so concentrated on her promotion that she had forgotten about her biggest support. This beautiful, broken man in front of her just needed some kind of reassurance. A sign that he was indeed loved.

She reached to cup his cheeks and moved his head so their eyes finally met. The rage in them letting place for her to discover the doubts that were eating him away. Her thumbs running over his cheekbones, she whispered "I'm in love with you, Choso. You may not see it but you're someone who deserved the world. So please, at least accept my love."

Choso took a shaky breath and tried his best to blink back the tears. He threw his arms over her waist and pressed her body against his. His head nestled in the crook of her neck and he spoke, his lips brushing against her skin "I love you too... I love you so much"