𝐒𝐡𝗼𝐠𝐢 ✵ 𝐍𝐚𝗼𝐲𝐚 𝐙𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧

Warning/Disclaimer: get a bit spicy at the end but as always, nothing explicit.

Notes: I still don't like him, but damn the fanart out there is good... Also, this is very much inspired by the dynamic of Meruem and Komugi from HxH + I've done some research about the game but if you see any errors, don't hesitate to point them out

 Also, this is very much inspired by the dynamic of Meruem and Komugi from HxH + I've done some research about the game but if you see any errors, don't hesitate to point them out

In a heavy silence, Y/N raised slightly her kimono to sit in front of the small table that separated her from her husband. She lined up the different pieces on the board, under the piercing gaze of Naoya who took the opportunity to admire the softness of her appearance. Caressed by the few rays of light that had managed to cross the fineness of the paper doors, the beauty of her features was putting into shame the paintings adorning the house.

Naoya took 5 pieces to toss them on the board. The verdict was in: Y/N started the game. After making sure everything was in place, she moved her first piece and then promptly rested her hands on her lap.

Slowly starting their first week after the wedding, the couple had a rather strict dynamic imposed by the one who had opened the doors of the prestigious Zenin clan to the former servant. Y/N had been assigned to the maintenance of the man's chambers when, bored, Naoya ordered her to entertain him by a party of Shogi.

A quick victory, that's how this afternoon should have ended for the young man. However, with his eyes fixed on the stage, the 'checkmate' leaving her lips was still dancing in his head. A word that still sounded as wrong when game after game the Zenin didn't seem to be able to even graze her King.

"What is your name?" he had asked after being reminded of a meeting. He hadn't wanted to leave with such a bitter taste in his mouth but with the way things were going, a break had been the better solution.

"Y/N, sir"

That's all he needed to claim the young woman. It began by removing her from any work not revolving around him and it quickly translated into the need for her to stop any housework obstructing their precious afternoon. It finally ended in a quick marriage where even vows weren't shared.

Game after game, she gave him a glimpse of the extent of her intelligence that was hidden behind that same emotionless expression. Even though he was getting better, the gap remained the same. Naoya had quickly understood that he was facing a jewel whose brightness had been concealed by the dirt of her heritage. A jewel that would fit perfectly around the neck of the heir of the Zenin family.

"Excuse me for my disturbance"

Just as Naoya was about to move his Knight, a voice was heard on the other side of the doors. The piece was abandoned and the man spoke between gritted teeth "You may enter"

Gently sliding the door, the servant revealed herself with her eyes fixed on the floor. "The head of the family is asking for your immediate presence in his quarters"

At her statement, the husband brought his attention back to his Knight. A quick order was his only response "Tell him, he'll have to wait"

"I could wait for you" spoke softly Y/N whose gaze never left the board.

"No need for that, my love" the nickname always accompanied by the proper pronoun. Noticing in the corner of his eye that they had still not been left in peace, he threw one of his infamous glares at the poor woman who felt that it would be better to defy anyone but the egocentric Naoya.

The door closed and cut the background noise from the corridors. Y/N glanced between the pieces she had captured and the King of her opponent whose security was starting to crack. She pondered for a second using his Silver General but thought better when she took another look at the current placement of her own Generals.

Even after avoiding the mistake, Y/N couldn't have predicted the drastic change of strategy that presented her husband with his next moves.

"Check" he announced, a smirk threatening to appear.

For the first time, her face seemed to take notice of the possibilities of movement that it was being offered. Eyebrow raised, her eyes widen and she looked up at the man. Naoya was an excellent player but his tendency to sacrifice the pieces he considered useless allowed Y/N to keep control over their duel.

"Surprised?" his smirk was now on full display and his sharped eyes were locked on her face to admire the wave of emotion currently hitting her.

As she studied the situation at hand she replied "I indeed was surprised, sir" she set down her piece before letting him catch a glimpse of a slight smile that outflanked her opponent.

He didn't expect the thrill he felt in getting that small yet precious reaction. "Call me Naoya from now on" The excitement was too great. He bit his lower lip to contain his already addictive need to catch the young woman let slipped her mask.

The rest of the game took place with a Y/N engrossed in the movements of her partner while the latter had eyes only for the one who had unknowingly managed to disturb his mind.

"Checkmate" she concluded with a confident smile. Playing with his King between her fingers, she whispered "I feel like you're going to catch up to me sooner than I expected."

Reaching to grab her King, he wondered "Are you worried that I might surpass you?"

Y/N caressed the wood piece and paused for a moment. She licked her lips before answering "I wouldn't mind if you surpass my skill but..." placing back the piece on the board, she revealed "I'm worried about you losing your interest in the woman you married"

The confession resulted in a low chuckle from the man who abandoned the piece and got up. She was completely oblivious to her effect that grew in the past hour, revealing now a more vulnerable side of the jewel she was.

"You don't have to worry about that" Naoya joined her on her side of the board and carefully tipped her chin upwards. He grinned when he was finally able to take a good look at the eyes, her hair usually covered.

A warmth spread on her cheeks at the unfamiliar contact. He had married her for her skill, he had made it clear when he placed her in a separate room during what was supposed to be their honeymoon. Intimate contact had not been in the original picture.

But Naoya had the brush in hand and he was now painting a new horizon for himself to conquer. He smirked when he saw the stunned look she was displaying. He crouched down and suddenly his mouth was on hers, hands cupping her cheeks to deepened what started as a sweet kiss.

Overwhelmed by the sudden feeling, Y/N could only follow her instinct and returned the enthusiasm. He pushed her down making sure to never lose contact with the softness of her lips. Her legs took with her the table, scattering the pieces on the ground.

She moaned, her head detaching from his lips briefly, only for him to immediately claim them back. His hands slid down following her curves. However, as he was about to reach her skirt, a call was heard.

Naoya groaned impatiently, snapping at the intruder "What?"

"Don't make me wait anymore" spoke what they both recognized as the head of the family.

Y/N looked up at him, eyes wide while the man rolled his eyes at how persistent the senior was. Sighting, he caressed softly her cheeks and then placed a quick peck on her parted lips. He removed himself from the woman, fighting the ever-growing urge to dive back to her warmth.

"You can put away the board, I think we found a better game to play"