𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐤 𝐜𝗼𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝗼𝐧 ✵ 𝐓𝗼𝐣𝐢 𝐅𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝗼

Warning/Disclaimer: it gets spicy but nothing explicit + drinking

Notes: For this one, Toji is around 20 years old.

The night was cold. It was as dull and insipid as the previous ones. Lying in the middle of his room, Toji's gaze danced between the ceiling and the slight opening that he had deliberately left waiting for the first rays of the sun. He wasn't excited to start a new day in the boredom that composed the Zenin quarters. No, that wasn't the reason why he anticipated impatiently for sunrise.

The days were no different from the nights. They were just as dull. However, it happened that a little fool had found pleasure in disturbing his boredom; magically appearing during the days, only exchanging a few words -or rather insults- with the young man before disappearing.

Y/N was her name. She was part of a clan that worked under the Zenin order, some as servants, others as warriors; her case applied to the second option. Her face had been familiar to him since he was a teenager as they always passed by each other in the training ground. However, it had only been a few months since her name broke into his heart.

It was a typical afternoon, yet that day Y/N had decided to introduce herself to the infamous Toji -an urge that might seem sudden but that had taken several nights of reflection. Confronted by a simple glare as an answer, the young warrior could only feel humiliation when the murmurs of the spectators reached her ears.

A humiliation that she had planned to return when the next day she screamed in the middle of the corridors the best insults she had come up with during her insomnia. The cold expression was disrupted and quickly replaced by a playful smile. Toji entered the game of the lady.

Thus, became the days of the Zenin. An exchange of hatred in the eyes of all, but always accompanied with small smiles that left a glimpse of the pleasure they shared in the company of the other.

Letting out a sigh, Toji shifted to turn his back on the night that had decided to drag on. She had not come to see him today, nor the days before. He had taken care to pass by their usual spot, but nothing. She had not come.

The ground as the only view, he scoffed at his pitiful state before yielding to the envy of his heart. He wondered about the last words he had thrown at her, about their gravity. He quickly judged that those didn't differ from the norm. He, therefore, opted to attempt to recall one of the last meetings where the name of their clan had been heard. But nothing, he found no reason for her sudden disappearance.

Frustrated by his lack of response, Toji was about to close his eyes when he caught the sound of the sliding door against the ground. He didn't move and left the stranger to leave, too tired to make flee whoever had dared to disturb him.

As the silence continued, he could still feel the presence of a shadow immobile at the entrance. Toji grunted but before he could turn around, a too familiar snicker was heard.