𝐌𝗼𝐯𝐢𝐞 ✵ 𝐈𝐧𝐮𝗺𝐚𝐤𝐢 𝐓𝗼𝐠𝐞

Warning/Disclaimer: fluff

Request: I'm a huge simp for Gojo, but I'd love a work done for Inumaki Toge. He's baby-- (by Arty, on Quotev)

Notes: Sorry for the long wait but back to school hit me quite hard. Also, I might be a bit rusty but I still hope you enjoy this chapter!

Inumaki and Y/N did not know each other.

Well, they knew each other, but they didn't really know each other. They were in the same class, the same group of friends, and yet they had never spoken to each other.

If one were an actor in a conversation, the other would be reduced to a mere spectator and vice versa. On the rare occasion, their voices were heard in the same conversation, their statements were never directed directly to one or the other; there was always a messenger to bridge the gap between their timid words.

"Your turn Y/N!" called Shoko, inspecting Maki's bandage one last time.

Each mission was different and full of unforeseen. The last one was no exception. The first-year group had to be much more imaginative to put an end to what clearly wasn't a grade 4. The plan, which Maki had screamed under frustration and a hint of fear that she would never admit, had been effective but could not prevent the urgent need for a visit to their senior.

"Y/N!" relayed Panda who completely covered the stool placed at the corner of the infirmary.

No response.

Panda left his stool and headed for the hallways where Y/N had preferred to wait her turn. He passed his head through the door and blinked at the empty bench. "She's not there," he informed the rest.

Shoko sighed as she threw her gloves in the small garbage can under her desk. "I just stopped the bleeding, I still have to disinfect her wound. Go and get her"

"I'll take care of it," announced Maki, jumping out of the white bed, "She must not be very-"

"Takana"

His voice was short but firm. It only took him a word to impose his candidacy. Inumaki threw his jacket, with multiple holes, on his shoulders and left the room with a determined yet awkward step.

It was a golden opportunity for him. They were counting on him to bring her back, to speak to her, to offer her words that she could not avoid. Perhaps she would finally share with him one of her smiles filled with kindness or a piece of that melodious laugh that made his little spectator heart palpitate.

The common rooms were empty, leaving the boy only her bedroom as a possibility. The clumsiness slowly took over his determination and he bumped against the edge of a table before resuming his race with a small smile hidden under his scarf.

It was the turn of the excitement to seize him. He started to create the perfect scenario, to repeat his lines, to rewind the film and admired it, to cut a passage and replace it with another before returning to the original one. He was so lost in his short film that he didn't notice that his feet had stuck in front of a door.

Inumaki correctly put his jacket on before zipping it close, he tried to hide the holes before starting to fiddle with his scarf. Lowering it might be too much and it was better to hide the smile that had frozen on his lips. He raised his hand, closed it in a slight fist. He fixed the door for a moment and took a deep breath. He knocked precisely three times; four might have seemed persistent and two devoid of enthusiasm.

"Yes?" a call was heard from the other side of the door.

His mouth opened but his words were stopped by a sudden realization. She wouldn't understand him. Those ingredients made no sense to her.