-Chapter 1-

Just a quick reminder, I DO NOT own any of the marvel characters or any pictures displayed. If there is anyway I can improve this, misspelled words or incorrect grammar, comment and I can fix it. This story will have some strong language, that may not be appropriate for certain ages. Readers Beware! 

Thank you for reading my story, I really appreciate all of the support!

-The Author

#######################

I woke up gasping for breathe covered in a cold sweat, my sheets tangled in between my legs. My white wings flutter in anticipation and fear.

My nightmare flashes through my mind like a spotty radio station. Images of my victim. The terror in their eyes. Their pleas for mercy. The knowledge that they are my memories makes me feel even worse

They remind me that I am a monster.

To me, being a monster is just a fact. HYDRA had me kill so many of their enemies and I didn't disobey because of some stupid self preservation. They tortured me enough as it was. I still have so many scars.

They did terrible things to me. Experimented on me, gave me training to be an elite assassin. I have many abilities that I was born with and were given to me.

I was born with wings. They are strong and powerful, white as clouds, and silky soft. I can pull them into my back and out of sight.

I was also born with magic. I was never trained and am self taught. I can do simple things like glamours and illusions. Occasionally a levitation spell. My magics physical form is a blue mist. When I use it my eyes turn blue as well. I can feel the magic rush through me as I use it.

I also have a super high IQ. I love to learn and read, something that I've had since I could remember. That really isn't very long but to me it still counts.

HYDRA's experiments gave me heightened senses, strength, speed and endurance. Basically, I can hear, smell, and see things really well. I can out lift the super soldiers, and I can beat Quicksilver in a race. And I can do it for a long time with out getting tired.

I also gained the ability to hear thoughts of others around me, but I have to focus. All those voices really give me a killer headache sometimes. I can also project thoughts to others.

Another ability I gained was regeneration and healing. I can heal from all injuries and sometimes even the brink of death. I can heal others of any injury no matter how severe.

I gained those abilities through expirements and trials of different serums, including a modified version of the super soldier serum. Each of my gained abilities came with a great price. My memories. I am missing so many memories of my family or any of my past. I was experiments on and tested and torture so much during my time at HYDRA that I can not recall anything. No names or addresses. Its practically a blank slate.

I escaped HYDRA about a year ago. My last mission with them was to terminate Black Widow and Winter Soldier. I think back to it as I sit up in my bed still breathing quite hard.

I was watching them as the entered a mall store. I set myself up into a sniper position aiming at them. When I feel a tingling sensation all over my body. I ignore it and focus again, when all of a sudden Winter Soldier looks right at me. I immediately pack up and get the hell out if there.

When I returned to the base unsuccessful on my mission I was punished harshly. Two weeks of isolation with no food and daily torture. When they took breaks they would order me to finish my mission but each time I refused. There was this feeling or urge that I just couldn't. That I had to protect them and save them. When they started to talk about wiping my mind, I was gone.

I remember that I made a plan to escape and that night I lured in a guard that was posted at my cell and strangled him with the chains that attached my wrists to the wall. I placed a glamour over him so that he looked like me and I placed a glamour over me so that I looked like him. Then I basically just walked out the front door.

I has been one year, four months, and twelve days since I walked out of that warehouse that HYDRA used as a base into a dark alleyway. To this day I am still cautious. I don't own much technology. Only what is needed to fit into society. I stay quiet and never draw attention to myself. Going back to HYDRA is not an option.

Shaking these thoughts out of my head, I glance at the clock. It says 3:47am. I groan, but knowing I won't be getting anymore sleep, I get up. I stretch and yawn, making my way to the bathroom.

In the mirror, I see my h/c hair in knots from tossing and turning last night. My e/c eyes are bloodshot and my face is pale. I frown at my image and turn away quickly from the unpleasant picture.

I turn on the shower, letting it warm up. I strip and hop into the boiling water and sigh. One thing they didn't have at HYDRA was hot showers. My absolute favorite discovery of the outside world.

After my shower, I put on black leggings, a gray sports bra, and a gray hoodie, to cover my soulmarks. I pull my wings into my back and out of sight from the open-ness of the windows in my apartment.

Now before anyone asks, how does a 17 year old have an apartment? Don't worry about it. I have a few friends in high places, is all you need to know for now.

I head to the kitchen and grab a poptart. I love these things. They were the first thing I ate when I escaped and I've been hooked ever since.

Chewing my poptart, I stare out my window and watch the dark skyline. There are faint twinkles of stars but the light pollution blocks most of them. That is one thing I hate about New York City the pollution. I have a faint memory of a distant sky full of millions of stars, that you almost felt that as you looked for long enough you would be pulled into the vast universe ahead of you.

I sigh as my wings ache, restless about being pulled in, under my sweatshirt, begging to be free and soar with the few stars in our reach. They long for the wind to stroke their silky feathers. I sigh but agree needing the wide open space and strip off my sweatshirt and pull out my wings, leaving me just in my sported bra. I slip on some black and white sneakers and stretch a bit before diving out of my fourth story apartment window.

Gliding into the open air feels freeing. I do some tricks and flips in the air laughing as I enjoy the cool morning. After awhile I start to feel drained and tired so I land on a nearby roof for a quick rest. I sit down and sigh in content as I watch the slowly awakening city from up here.

When all of a sudden a somewhat robotic voice says, "Miss, you are not authorized to be up here." Startled I jump up, searching for the voice.

"W-who are y-you?" I ask the strange voice.

"I am Tony Stark's AI. My name is J.A.R.V.I.S. May I ask why you are on the Avenger's Tower Roof?" Oh shit! The Avenger Tower?! Fuck if they find out I almost killed two of their soulmates. I'm so dead!

"Umm... I-I was tired. So imma go-" J.A.R.V.I.S cuts me off.

"Please do not leave, miss. Mr. Stark will be with you shortly."

"What?! Shit dude. I'm so dead! I want daisies on my grave!" I pace back and forth trying to decide between just running or staying. When the elevator behind me dings, I know its too late.

"Fuck my life!" I groan to myself. I turn towards the door as it opens. When it does I am hit with an intense pain. I back away, not sure what is happening. It was the worst pain I had ever felt as if part of me was calling out to them, but I held it at bay, denying it what it wanted.

I see Iron Man or Tony Stark in his Iron Man suit with his mask up. On his left is Captain America in his suit with his shield. Black Widow is on Tony's right aiming a gun at my heart.

I step back again as they get closer, the painful call intensifying. I whimper and my knees give out and I fall to the ground, denying the call becoming more difficult. I hear footsteps racing towards me so I scoot back further until I reach the very edge of the roof.

"Oh sweetheart, please don't do that!" I hear Tony Stark shout, desperation coloring his tone. I shake my head to clear the call from my thoughts and try to stand but end up falling over the edge.

My wings act on auto pilot catching me and start to head home. The cold air shakes me out if my daze and I notice Tony Stark is tailing me.

Formulating a plan, I start to weave around buildings trying to loose him but he stays strong. Next I try altitude, but he keeps up. Finally out of desperation, I turn so that I am flying backwards and create light orbs of my magic and throw them at him. They explode in his face, momentarily distracting him and use a burst of speed and strength to lose him. When I'm sure he is gone, I head home to get ready for school.

* Little did she know that Stark wasn't the only one following her! *

############################

First chapter! Not a bad start! But I promise it gets better! Keep reading to find out!

-The Author