-Chapter 5: Pt. 2-

Sorry for the wait my lovely readers! My schedule has been absolutely crazy! I can not believe that 1.9K people have actually ready my story! That's totally bonkers! A gigantic thank you to everyone who has read my story!

Now onto the story! Beware that there will be abuse and violence in this chapter as well!

Now that you're aware! Enjoy!❤
-The Author

#################################
The Readers POV

Through my swollen eyes I can make out 4 figures. My only hope is that they are here to help.

I see the figures start to fight the HYDRA agents that tried to kidnap me. I turn away from the fight and roll onto my bruised stomach and give it my best attempt to army crawl away. After about a minute thought, I feel two hands grab my good ankle .

"You're not going anywhere, bitch", a cold, masculine voice growls into my ear. 

I scream as I feel a knife enter my back tearing my shirt into pieces. He drags the knife across my back creating bloody slashes. I scream and beg for him to stop but he just laughs manically as he continues. I try to block out the pain and use my strength to sweep the man off his feet with my wings. I pull out the knife and pant trying to breathe through the extreme pain.

After a minute my healing takes over and the slashes begin to close over. I sit up and the world spins and fills with black spots. I groan and slow my movements and lean against a wall of the alley.

I notice the lack of sound and look up to see all of the HYDRA agents on the ground unconscious or in a state like that. I see my saviors start to walk over to me and I try to shrink back shaking. I couldn't save myself from being kidnapped after all of the energy I just used on those HYDRA agents. They could be from another organization that will take me and experiment on me and torture me like I have been in the past.

As they get closer, though, I begin to recognize them. They are the famed avengers or at least a few are. Captain America is in the lead his blonde hair a mess and his face full of concern. Next to him is Iron man, his helmet is open so I can see that he is also concerned. Behind them are Spider-man, with his mask still on, and the Winter Soldier. Oh shit! THE Winter Soldier?! I'm so dead. 

I try to move away again, fear etched on my face as I think of what they might do if they knew what I almost did. My mind starts to get pulled into the memory but I am brought back to the present by the sudden pain in a few of my soulmarks. I whimper as the feeling of burning increases on my hips and left collarbone.

They stop a few feet from me. They tower over me as I am still hunched on the ground leaning on a wall of the alley. Iron man steps closer, and kneels on my right side. I flinch at his movement, then whimper as pain spreads through my body.

"Hey there Sweetheart. Don't be scared. We are here to help." He says soothingly. He reaches for me and the burning sensation on my collarbone grows. My hand flies to my the soulmark there trying to smother the pain but it does not help.

"Shh, can I start the bond? The pain will go away." I slowly nod but my eyes follow his every movement. His armor of his suit uncovers his hand and he slowly brushes his fingers over my mark in lazy circles. I sigh as the pain fades. I reach forward slowly to touch his and his suit moves out of the way. I slowly rub my mark on his collarbone and watch as it turns a sky blue. The same color as my magic.

The burning pain on my hips become more noticeable as the pain in the mark on my collarbone fades. I try to push myself up straighter but gasp as a wave of pain and dizziness  washes over me from my injuries.  They all look concerned but I shake it off.

"Not the first time, and definitely not the last. Don't worry about it." Their expressions change into one of sadness. After a few more seconds Captain America, or Steve Rogers, steps forward. He  kneels on my left side cautiously.

"May I ma'am? I want to take away some of your pain but only if you are comfortable." I nod shyly, with a pink tint in my cheeks at his use of ma'am. He slowly lifts my blood soaked, torn sweatshirt, and looks back at me unsure if this was what I wanted. I give him a small smile and nod again. He runs his fingers over his mark slowly making my shiver a little. Some of the pain fades and he pulls away, releasing my sweatshirt so that it could return to it's previous state. 

"M-may I? M-mr. Rogers?" I ask timidly. He smiles.

"Call me Steve, Love, and of course." I blush at the nickname and he chuckles quietly. I slowly move his uniform out of the way and stroke my mark. Once it has changed into the sky blue feather I pull away. 

The only pain left was on my right hip, which leaves the Winter Soldier. The man I tried to kill. He slowly steps forward and I shrink back, afraid that he recognizes me and will punish me. Sadness fills his blue eyes at my reaction. But I don't trust him, or anyone's emotions, I have been tricked to many times with sympathy.

Tony Stark gets up and moves out of the way, leaving space for the Soldier to get closer. The Soldier takes his place next to me and my eyes widen in fear. I try to move away but just end up hitting Steve's chest with my back. The movement causes a wave of pain washes over me. I whimper quietly and he reaches out to touch me. I violently flinch away, making pain radiate through my body again.

"I-I'm so s-sorry! Pl-please don't h-hurt me." I stutter out, desperate for mercy. His face softens.

"I would never hurt you, Doll." He reaches for me again but asks, "Can I?" I slowly nod. He slowly lifts my destroyed sweatshirt slightly and traces his fingers around the mark on my right hip. It slowly turns red and silver. I smile a little as the last of the pain slowly fades. 

" Am I a-allowed to?" I ask shyly. He smiles and nods. He moves his uniform out of the way and I brush my fingers over the feather on his hip. 

Once the bond settles in, I lean back and yawn. All of the energy spent on the fight was finally catching up to me. My eyes droop and my wings begin to wrap around me light a cocoon, but someone stops them. 

"Sorry, Sweetheart, but its time to go." I hear Tony say apologetically. The Winter Soldier scoops me into his arms and I whimper a little as the movement jars my fading injuries. After a minute, I get used to it though and rest my head on his chest. With the last of my energy I pull in my wings to lessen my weight and fade into the darkness. 

And for the first time since I have escaped HYDRA I sleep dreamlessly.

#################################

Thank you for all of your support! You are all amazing!❤

-The Author