-Chapter 13-

Before I start this chapter, I just want to thank you all for reading my story. Thank you so much for voting for it and even more to those who chose to follow me! It is so crazy that this story is blowing up. I actually wrote it a while ago and never dreamed that I would publish it, let alone that people would actually like it. So thank you!

-The Author

##############################

Natasha's POV

Y/n's smile vanishes for about a second, replaced by a look of extreme pain. But it quickly disappears, so fast that I thought that I had imagined it.

"Umm, is there a bathroom that I c-can use?" I heard her ask and her voice sounded strained as if she were in pain, but her face gave nothing away. And when she walked out of the kitchen, she walked as if she had all the time in the world. When she disappeared from sight I quicklt turn to the others.

"Please tell me that someone else noticed something was off with her." They nod, all looking quite worried. I turn towards Wanda and see that Loki had gotten up and had put his hands on Wanda's shoulders, and is rubbing them slowly and calmingly. Wanda's brow is furrowed and her hands are clenched into fists.

"Did either of you hear anything off in her mind?" Wanda shakes her head, frustration plain on her face.

"She is blocking us from hearing anything from her mind at all." Loki says elaborating. I jump out of my seat, completely concerned now.

"I'm going to go check on her. Wanda, come with me?" She nods and walks over to me. Together we walk to the bathroom, holding each others hands. My mind races in the silence.

"What if she d-doesn't like us?" I ask suddenly, my doubts playing with my fears. She squeezes my hand tightly and smiles at me.

"I may not be able to hear her mind, but I know that she has feelings for us." I nod, but doubt still plagues my thoughts.

A few seconds later, we arrive at the bathroom and find that the door is locked. I contemplate knocking on it, but I don't want to bother her over a simple worry. But then I hear a quiet whimper of pain coming from within and all logical thought disappears leaving behind the need to protect my new mate.

I kick the door and see Y/n hunched over the sink braced on her arms, with her shirt off and on the floor at her feet. The slits on her back had widened since the last time I had saw then in the medical room. She had a sheen of sweat and pain on her face. She whips around to see us and shakes her head.

"You are ridiculous. You could've knocked, instead of breaking a perfectly good door." She grumbles, but I ignore her and quickly walks over to her and cups her cheek, while feeling her forehead with the other. Wanda steps behind her and inspects her back carefully, in concern and fascination.

"Sorry, I was just worried about you, babygirl. All of us are."She leans in to my hand and gazes at me with eyes that says 'I understand.' I smile at her.

"What are the slits on your back, Y/n?" Wanda asks suddenly. Y/n sighs.

"Those are where I-I store my wings out of sight. B-but right now have a-a terrible wing cramp from keeping them in f-for so long." She says turning to look at Wanda.

Y/n's back was now facing me and I notice that her wing slits are red and swollen. I slowly reach out to touch them but think better of it at last second and cross my arms over my chest.

"Is there any thing we can do to help you, babygirl?" I ask.

- - - - - - - Nope not done yet - - - - - - - -