-Chapter 2-

OMG! So sorry about the delay. I've been swamped with finals at school! A big thank you to all of the readers for supporting my story.❤
-The Author
####################
Tony's POV: ( my first pov change 🙊)

   I woke up to J.A.R.V.I.S telling me there was an intruder on the roof. I wake up Steve and Nat gently not wanting to startle them. I kiss each of their foreheads and smile fondly at them. Steve groans.  

"What time is it Tones?" I glance at my watch. It reads 5:28am.

"Early, but there is an intruder on the roof, and last time I went alone, you made me sleep on the couch. So here I am, waking you up" He rolls his eyes but gets up and starts dressing. Nat on the other hand wasn't having it.

"C'mon babe. We have to check this out. Then we can go back to bed. I'll even make you breakfast in the morning!" She laughs quietly and gets up carefully so that she doesn't disturb anyone else.

"Tony, we both know that you can't cook to save your life but fine. Only cause I love you." She pecks me on the cheek before leaving to change into her suit. I get my Iron Man suit on and we meet at the main elevator. Right before we step into the elevator J.A.R.V.I.S. speaks.

"Sir, the girl seems to be in distress."

"How so?"

 "She said, and I quote, 'I want some daisies on my grave.'"He responds and I chuckle.

"Well this should be fun." I say, smirking at Nat and Steve with my mask down. Nat groans and crosses her arms.

 "It's too early for 'fun' Tones." I smirk. The elevator dings, signalling that we reached the roof. The doors open and I immediately see a girl with white wings protruding from her back, pacing. I feel the call of my unclaimed soul mark on my collarbone and do a double take. I notice all of the soul marks that cover her body. One for everyone of us.

She backs away from us with pain on her face. We continue to get closer but she falls to her knees and whimpers quietly in pain. The sound is so heart breaking that I race forward just wanting to comfort her but she scoots backwards towards the edge.

"Please Sweetheart, don't do that!" Desperation makes my heart race as I see my final soulmate on the edge of the 93 story building. She tries to stand but ends up falling over the edge.

"I'm going after her. I'll be back." I shout over my shoulder to my other soulmates. I hear the yell, 'Be safe' and 'Don't get hurt' as I fly off to find our mystery girl.

I find the girl gliding and weaving around buildings and follow her hoping to catch up to her and explain but instead she flies directly up, quite high into the atmosphere. I have a feeling she is trying to lose me. She drifts back down and turns to face me while flying backwards and throws these blue balls at me. The explode into an opaque mist that blinds me for long enough that she escapes. When I can see again she is gone and I am alone.

I fly home feeling depressed that the person who is supposed to love me unconditionally ran from me, from us. Her soulmates. I feel like it is my fault that she ran. That I somehow made her. run. Maybe I'm not good enough for her, I don't deserve anyone. Did I do something wrong to hurt her in someway like I did to Wanda? My mind races in as i think of every possible mistake I could have made to make her run. 

Somehow I ended up back on the tower roof, my eyes full of tears. Nat and Steve run up to me and notice them. They wrap me in a hug and ask the dreaded question.

""Where did she go?" I blink the tears away and shrug out of their hug and sigh.

"I don't know." I mumble in responds and walk back to the elevator. They follow behind me quietly.

"J.A.R.V.I.S take me to the lab, please." The elevator descends slowly until we arrive at my lab. When I get in the security door I immediately get to work.

"Jarv, run a facial recognition on the girl from the roof."

"Will do, sir." I rub my face in exhaustion and plop down onto my desk. Nat and Steve slowly approach me hesitantly.

"You can go back to sleep if you want to. I won't mind." Nat shakes her head while Steve sits down in my chair right in front of me.

"I'm already awake so, how can I help?" Nat asks giving me a reassuring smile.

"Umm, well you could search S.H.E.I.L.D.'s records for a girl with her features?" She nods and kisses my cheek. She gets to work and I turn to Steve.

"Stevie, could you pretty please go get me a latte from that coffee shop down the street? Pretty please with a cherry on top?" He smirks up at me.

"Did you know, that you are so adorable sometimes?" I pout slightly.

"Only sometimes?" He smiles and stands up. He pulls me into a hug and chuckles.

" Yes, only sometimes. But I still love you, you pain in my-"

"Stevie, that's a no-no word." He pulls away and shakes his head.

" I'll go get your latte, you go find our missing piece." I smile and peck his cheek before he leaves. I get to work trying to find our last soulmate. I search through every possible identity sequence but still come up empty. 

Steve, Nat, and I worked for 7 hours without finding a single lead. 

"How is this possible?!" I yell, slamming my hands down onto my desk in frustration. Steve comes over and rubs my back.

"Calm down, Tones. We will find her. I promise." I turn to him trying to understand where his positivity could possibly be coming from.

"You promise?" He chuckles.

"Yes, Babe. I promise that we will find our soulmate." he pecks my cheek and I pull him into a hug.

###################

Wow! That was a long chapter!  I hope you enjoyed it! I hope to upload again soon but my teachers are really slamming me with final reviews! Have an amazing day my readers!

Love you all!❤

-The Author